Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 11:10 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,618,694 times

Advertisements

We finally got power back yesterday after 2.5 days in the dark. Lost a freezer and a half of food. I feel like PECO's lag time was unacceptable.

A lot of trees down in King of Prussia, our backyard was a mess. Finally getting back to some semblance of normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 07:17 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
My family in Media lost theirs for about 16 hours, went on that night, just before food started to thaw.

Seems like historically early June brings some nasty storms to the region. I still remember those storms from 2016 (I think), roads were closed for days because of downed trees. It right around the same weekend too.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:37 AM

CPomp, we lost a freezer and a half of things. I think King of Prussia had some of the worst with all the trees. I'm glad your family got it back in under a day.

I think you're right! May is the Midwest because I remember the nasty storms going to Detroit in 2014, then I think early June is our time. I was reading that this alert was for the Midwest, but shifted to the Mid-Atlantic. What a mess.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:23 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,869,979 times
People are still without power. I don't think PECO is to blame here. There were a TON of people out of power with trees down all over Montgomery County. You were lucky compared to many others.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
People are still without power. I don't think PECO is to blame here. There were a TON of people out of power with trees down all over Montgomery County. You were lucky compared to many others.
It just sucks to waste so much food. I really wish I could invest in a generator, but maybe once I get my own place.

I wonder if people are still without power.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:15 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Restored power was so scattered, at least around Norristown. Parts of the north end got power back right away; ours was out until 9 p.m. Thursday. West Norriton was the same - power out here and there. East Norriton and Blue Bell had power back early Thursday morning.

PECO's Facebook page was on fire. And the photographs were stunning - huge trees down everywhere, live wires in people's backyards, streets closed everywhere, etc. I guess I'm lucky I had my power back as soon as I did, and lost only a few things out of my fridge - which was still reasonably cool after 33 hours.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Restored power was so scattered, at least around Norristown. Parts of the north end got power back right away; ours was out until 9 p.m. Thursday. West Norriton was the same - power out here and there. East Norriton and Blue Bell had power back early Thursday morning.

PECO's Facebook page was on fire. And the photographs were stunning - huge trees down everywhere, live wires in people's backyards, streets closed everywhere, etc. I guess I'm lucky I had my power back as soon as I did, and lost only a few things out of my fridge - which was still reasonably cool after 33 hours.
You did luck out. I think King of Prussia just had a lot of trees down and that's why it took so long. Hopefully not again for a long time. Was this storm predicted?

Old 06-08-2020, 07:55 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,869,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
You did luck out. I think King of Prussia just had a lot of trees down and that's why it took so long. Hopefully not again for a long time. Was this storm predicted?
It was about 15 mins before it hit. The weather people do such a bang up job.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:10 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
It just sucks to waste so much food. I really wish I could invest in a generator, but maybe once I get my own place.

I wonder if people are still without power.
I once waited a bit too long to throw out sloppy, thawed, freezer food. It was really hot and the electricity had been out for four days. Ick. On a happy note, I found out that my insurance company covered freezer loss.

Old 06-09-2020, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I once waited a bit too long to throw out sloppy, thawed, freezer food. It was really hot and the electricity had been out for four days. Ick. On a happy note, I found out that my insurance company covered freezer loss.
Really? Gir, the days where I wish I lived by myself. Parents are afraid to report because the Hartford raised their rates after two reports last year. I'm gluten-free and that is expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia