Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 06:25 AM

14,209 posts, read 9,103,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Can't imagine the Chiefs moving on from Reid. Can You?
Not after the team's performance in that Ice Bowl at Arrowhead.

Now to see how Mahomes performs on the road in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2024, 09:10 AM

1,699 posts, read 975,188 times
The Browns are a joke and always will be....but I've never see a team so visibly quit like this year's Eagles. Wow.

Don't worry, tho. Belichick will get it all turned around.

Old 01-16-2024, 11:35 AM

2,045 posts, read 789,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
The Browns are a joke and always will be....but I've never see a team so visibly quit like this year's Eagles. Wow.

Don't worry, tho. Belichick will get it all turned around.
I'm thinking Belichick will wind up in Los Angeles with the Chargers.

Old 01-19-2024, 06:38 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,157 times
Red face Epilogue: Eagles Season

Playmakers: Smith, Brown and Hurts. No denying in the earlier months of the season some exciting plays for this crew. Still it's a team. Somehow individual performance started becoming more important to various individuals. You know when I think of this season and going back several years some things never seem to change. I hate that single play from under center where ball handed off to a running back and it looks like the player is running into a wall. Think this happens because their offensive set up telegraphs the play. Hurts just does not seem to have a deceptive handoff. It's like giving Johnny his lunchbox before he goes to school and gets mugged at the door. The red zone ....ugh!!! The red zone. It seems like trudging through the Amazon Forrest. Thank God we have a superb kicker to get those field goals and start the competition in most cases on the 25 yard line.
The way I see it: We need a backups most importantly the quarterback - players have fingers, legs, arms and other body parts that may be injured or just aching to a point a rest is in order. You can't baby the player but you must exercise caution when the player is blind to his own ability to be 100%. Solve the red zone problem. Hurts develop a deceptive handoff. Coach use all your tools and if one player doesn't fit the task remove him and replace with someone who is a fitting backup.
In close cannot help it I still love this team. The eagles will fly again with accomplishments as high as ever. Go Eagles - come back strong.

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 01-19-2024 at 06:47 PM..

Old 01-22-2024, 05:02 AM

2,045 posts, read 789,315 times
Did everybody see Jason Kelce being crazy drunk yesterday in Buffalo?

LOL! If he would have just stuck to beer ...

Old 01-22-2024, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
Did everybody see Jason Kelce being crazy drunk yesterday in Buffalo?

LOL! If he would have just stuck to beer ...
Missed that, but of course I was watching that game.

Non-AFC followers may not realize that Chiefs-Bills is one of the best rivalries in the conference, and for the Chiefs, the Bills sit on the same plane as the Broncos and Raiders as teams to beat.

I don't think I've seen two teams more evenly matched play all season. The two teams traded the lead just about every time they had possession of the ball. There were no sacks, no picks, no recovered fumbles. And the penalties didn't favor the Chiefs, either, as some Patrick Mahomes detractors allege. (Mahomes is going to be the Tom Brady of the coming half decade: the Chiefs have already become a dynasty under him the way the [oops! — Patriots] were under Brady.)

And the game would likely have gone into overtime had the Bills kicker not missed that last field goal.

I expect something similar when the Chiefs and the Ravens meet next Sunday.

But if it's a Chiefs-Lions Super Bowl, I'm rooting for the Lions. Detroit needs this one much more than Kansas City does — the Chiefs snapped that 50-year drought four years ago, and this would be their fourth Supe appearance in the last five years.

Last edited by MarketStEl; 01-22-2024 at 06:47 AM..

Old 01-22-2024, 06:40 AM

752 posts, read 461,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Missed that, but of course I was watching that game.

Non-AFC followers may not realize that Chiefs-Bills is one of the best rivalries in the conference, and for the Chiefs, the Bills sit on the same plane as the Broncos and Raiders as teams to beat.

I don't think I've seen two teams more evenly matched play all season. The two teams traded the lead just about every time they had possession of the ball. There were no sacks, no picks, no recovered fumbles. And the penalties didn't favor the Chiefs, either, as some Patrick Mahomes detractors allege. (Mahomes is going to be the Tom Brady of the coming half decade: the Chiefs have already become a dynasty under him the way the Buccaneers were under Brady.)

And the game would likely have gone into overtime had the Bills kicker not missed that last field goal.

I expect something similar when the Chiefs and the Ravens meet next Sunday.

But if it's a Chiefs-Lions Super Bowl, I'm rooting for the Lions. Detroit needs this one much more than Kansas City does — the Chiefs snapped that 50-year drought four years ago, and this would be their fourth Supe appearance in the last five years.
Nice story. Thanks for rooting against us last year. I hope you are happy.

Old 01-22-2024, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
Nice story. Thanks for rooting against us last year. I hope you are happy.
This is my adopted home.

But we native Kansas Citians take the place with us no matter where we land or whether we will ever live there again. (I had that point driven home yet again on MLK Day, when I met a woman from KC while painting the halls at Anna Lingelbach Elementary School up my way. After we acknowledged our common roots, the conversation was all KC. She plans on moving back after her son finishes high school. I've planted roots here, patterning my youth in Kansas City — same house, same street from birth until I departed for college and for good in 1976.)

A Philly-area native friend of mine confirms my characterization of KC expats based on the ones he has met other than me. "The only people I know who are as passionate in their love for their hometown," he told me, "are Philadelphians."

Maybe that's why I feel comfortable here and have made this my home for 40 years. But KC remains in my heart, and I'm gonna let that run from time to time.

Besides, the Iggles got their revenge this year. It just wasn't in the Super Bowl. Maybe next year.

Old 01-22-2024, 07:06 AM

752 posts, read 461,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
This is my adopted home.

But we native Kansas Citians take the place with us no matter where we land or whether we will ever live there again. (I had that point driven home yet again on MLK Day, when I met a woman from KC while painting the halls at Anna Lingelbach Elementary School up my way. After we acknowledged our common roots, the conversation was all KC. She plans on moving back after her son finishes high school. I've planted roots here, patterning my youth in Kansas City — same house, same street from birth until I departed for college and for good in 1976.)

A Philly-area native friend of mine confirms my characterization of KC expats based on the ones he has met other than me. "The only people I know who are as passionate in their love for their hometown," he told me, "are Philadelphians."

Maybe that's why I feel comfortable here and have made this my home for 40 years. But KC remains in my heart, and I'm gonna let that run from time to time.

Besides, the Iggles got their revenge this year. It just wasn't in the Super Bowl. Maybe next year.
...yet you plan to root for the Lions in a KC/Detroit SB. I see how this works.

No one will ever remember a regular season game and it's laughable (and really patronizing) comparing it to the SB. KC is in the AFC Championship game while the Eagles, the dysfunctional mess they became are sitting at home - nice revenge.

Old 01-22-2024, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
...yet you plan to root for the Lions in a KC/Detroit SB. I see how this works.
I can make room for others in need in my head and heart. (I'm more of a casual than a rabid football fan.) As I said, Detroit needs this more. Of course, I will be just as happy if the Lions lose.

But as for most of the time? My answer to the question of what team I root for is "The Eagles, except when they play the Chiefs."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia