Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 09:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Mickiel, wonderfully & simply put!

For your "Atheists" out there... you are not really "Agods" - you're ATHEISTS... against theology, not against God.
How can you be against your subconscious? Well, I guess you can be, if you deny its power.

One's subconscious is where intuition (aka "the kingdom of God within") is tapped into... And as Freud said, "The purpose of therapy is to make the unconcious concious."
Thoughts are powerful & influence us not only mentally but also physically.
When you are stressed, angry, depressed, or otherwise upset... YOU have the power to change it by changing your thoughts, especially on a subconscious level.
Atheists are not 'against theology'. We don't believe in gods.

Why is that so difficult for people to understand?

Our subconscious is part of our brain, there is no god in it for goodness sake. Where do you come up with this nonsense? Do you not understand how the brain works?

Good grief, the insanity just never stops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 10:44 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your sister. That must have been hard.

Well it was; I do miss her, she was a sweet soul. Particularly hard on my mother, but Moms is a woman of very strong Faith in God; that got her throught it.

And me as well.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:49 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I never said I was excluded from Gods plan, in fact, I spend more time telling others that all are included with each passing year. I already know this. But where Gods spirit is concerned, he gives that to who he will, when he will and where he will; and thats just how it is. I have no problem learning to live without Gods spirit, the vast majority of humans on this planet have had to do this. So I disagree with you that no one has to go alone without Gods spirit.

Most of us just have to for now.
If you dont have Gods spirit in you then you havent been Born Anew which Jesus himself said every person must. Be careful you dont end up excluding yourself from Gods plan for you to be eternally saved from your sins . You dont get Gods Spirit until you trust and recieve CHrist for the price he paid for you personally. If you dont want to do this, then youve chose to be distanced from God based on your willful rejection of Christ. You have to die physically WITH the Spririt of Christ in you otherwise you are lost forever. I hope you will choose to get Gods Spirit in you , for its the only way God has instituted.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:01 AM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times
Quote:
Well thank you. So many believers make this incredible claim that God is speaking to them, that certain Atheist think all believers spout such nonsense. God can comminucate with a human in so many ways " Other than speaking to them", its simply astounding. He said one time that if he had to, he could make a rock talk.

I tell you man, this God is quite something. He can commiunicate with humans in 100 ways. I had a sister who was my oldest, she was a pure drunk who had a good natured heart. this was about 17 years ago, I was sitting at her kitchen table having dinner. She was drinking, but she knew some of my beliefs. She looked very worried and concerned as she sat down and said to me; Mike, are all of us really going to be saved and be with God no matter what? Because she had heard me say that.

I reached accross the table and grabbed both of her hands and said, " Quenna, you don't have to worry or be scared, it is very , very true. I could see a great sigh of relief come out of her, and she smiled and seemed to become happy. Less than a week later she was shot in the head and killed, But I KNOW that, on the day we talked, she felt that God had eased her fears. Just talking to her brother. Plain and simple.
That's a beautiful experience you shared with your sister.
Thanks for sharing it, Mickiel.

It reminded me of my friend, who's mother had just passed away. We were kids, skipping SundaySchool & she'd just stolen some candy. She also started smoking. She told me, "I'm never going to see my mom again. She went to heaven, where I'll never go." I don't remember exactly what I told her, but I tried to help her feel better.
Her family were immigrants... already struggling financially & with prejudice. Then her mother died, leaving a large family to their dad, who from my impression was a no-nonsense old-style disciplinarian. Her brother got into drugs & jail. She ended up dying a few years later.

What I wonder is why people turn to alcohol like your sister did, & drugs, like my friends did. I think it's pain... pain they don't know how to deal with.
That's beautiful that your sister's fears were eased, spiritually.
I wish that for more people, especially before they turn to harmful coping methods.
That's why I want to get the word out that God doesn't have to based on mistaught theology - a fearful & shaming God...
God is that which lifts our spirits up, eases our fears... inspires us to strive & thrive, despite the odds.
God, as you mentioned, communicates in many (countless) ways, depending on how we each resonate.
God is like the dark energy/matter that make up & permeate 95% of the universe...
Yet "the kingdom (our experience) of God" is within each of us. (Call it what you will - subconscious, serendipity or intuition.)

Old 09-15-2011, 10:24 AM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Atheists are not 'against theology'. We don't believe in gods.

Why is that so difficult for people to understand?

Our subconscious is part of our brain, there is no god in it for goodness sake. Where do you come up with this nonsense? Do you not understand how the brain works?

Good grief, the insanity just never stops.
He who is too quick to call another "insane" only does so because they lack understanding & are too lazy to explore consciously.
You don't believe in Gods... yet you base your "lack of belief" on how Theists define God. Not only that, but there are countless theological perspectives of God - many of which originated in desires for political power.
Of course there is not grandpa in the sky (or how many theists define God) in our brain. You're programed to define God in terms that theists use, instead of using that good ol' brain of yours.

What does have real influence... is our subconcious. Some refer to it as spiritual experiences, but for the sake of those who have blinders on for only science, I referred to the subconscious mind's experience & influence.
If you think that your subconscious' power is nonsense, you are in denial.
It controls involuntary muscles throughout your body, and - many of your feelings & associated behaviors.
The reason I've defined God as... love, striving for the ultimate best, or subconscious... is because it's more mentally healthy & productive than many other definitions.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
If you dont have Gods spirit in you then you havent been Born Anew which Jesus himself said every person must. Be careful you dont end up excluding yourself from Gods plan for you to be eternally saved from your sins . You dont get Gods Spirit until you trust and recieve CHrist for the price he paid for you personally. If you dont want to do this, then youve chose to be distanced from God based on your willful rejection of Christ. You have to die physically WITH the Spririt of Christ in you otherwise you are lost forever. I hope you will choose to get Gods Spirit in you , for its the only way God has instituted.

I totally disagree, the vast majority of humankind will die without Gods Spirit in them, and they all will be saved. There is no such thing as being lost forever, I reject outright such a myth.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
That's a beautiful experience you shared with your sister.
Thanks for sharing it, Mickiel.

It reminded me of my friend, who's mother had just passed away. We were kids, skipping SundaySchool & she'd just stolen some candy. She also started smoking. She told me, "I'm never going to see my mom again. She went to heaven, where I'll never go." I don't remember exactly what I told her, but I tried to help her feel better.
Her family were immigrants... already struggling financially & with prejudice. Then her mother died, leaving a large family to their dad, who from my impression was a no-nonsense old-style disciplinarian. Her brother got into drugs & jail. She ended up dying a few years later.

What I wonder is why people turn to alcohol like your sister did, & drugs, like my friends did. I think it's pain... pain they don't know how to deal with.
That's beautiful that your sister's fears were eased, spiritually.
I wish that for more people, especially before they turn to harmful coping methods.
That's why I want to get the word out that God doesn't have to based on mistaught theology - a fearful & shaming God...
God is that which lifts our spirits up, eases our fears... inspires us to strive & thrive, despite the odds.
God, as you mentioned, communicates in many (countless) ways, depending on how we each resonate.
God is like the dark energy/matter that make up & permeate 95% of the universe...
Yet "the kingdom (our experience) of God" is within each of us. (Call it what you will - subconscious, serendipity or intuition.)

Well thank you for that, although I must disagree with the statement " The Kingdom of God is within us." The Kingdom of God, in my view, is a geographic place; a specific area in which exist the perminent Throne of God. It is not a nebulous thing which exist within humans, I disagree with the believers who like saying that.

And the experience of God is not in each of us, oh no! I wouldnot say that.

Anyhow, peace to you.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 AM

591 posts, read 641,550 times
Quote:
Well it was; I do miss her, she was a sweet soul. Particularly hard on my mother, but Moms is a woman of very strong Faith in God; that got her throught it.

And me as well.

I have a twin sister(I'm her brother). The thought of something like that happening to my sis hits home with me. I can't imagine the amount of suck that would be.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
I have a twin sister(I'm her brother). The thought of something like that happening to my sis hits home with me. I can't imagine the amount of suck that would be.

Well whats even more tramatic is that I was visiting her at the time she was killed. She told me she was going across the street to get a drink, would be right back. Soon later I heard a knock at the door. A neighbor of hers screamed at me that something is wrong with my sister, she thinks she was shot. I ran outside, saw her lying on the sidewalk accross the street; ran to her and kneeled down to pick her up. I searched for a bullet wound and saw it behind her neck. I laied her back down and just looked at her, she was smileling, with her eyes closed. Next thing I know the police snatched her from me and threw her in their back seat and flew off.

I was seriously stunned, as the other police went into the house of the man who shot her and took him away. Then I had to make a most frigthening phone call, and try and tell my Mom what just happened.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:

And me as well.
Aha, so it was from your mother that you learned of god, not from god himself, as you told me....Thanks for clearing that up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy