Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:34 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times

Advertisements

If He freely released the guilty without payment He would not be Just. Imagine if the judge for Sandusky or the batman theater murderer was just let free by the judge. There would be public outrage (rightfully so).

How does a Just judge justify sinful man? Only the cross of Jesus Christ. Only through the shedding of innocent divine blood can Man be pardoned.

Salvation is a free gift for this reason. We can not work or earn it but only receive it by coming to Jesus Christ repenting toward God in Faith trusting Him through His Word.

He than can freely justify the sinner pardoning him for his offense. God has finished the Work in redemption of fallen Man. Our responsibility is acceptance and response.

The entire creation will be judged by ONE event, how did we respond to the cross of Christ.

Just as pontious Pilate, as He judged Jesus he was judged. The unpardonable sin is rejecting God's love through Jesus Christ.

An offer we can't refuse. The Word makes it clear that a hardened, prideful, ignorant heart is the prime reason why people do not come to Christ.

Thus they will have to pay for their sins themselves, and it is a penalty that carries a death sentence as our good works can not pay for it.

Jesus says once one repents and comes to Him they have passed from death to life. A beautiful new beginning of life occurs as GOD in His love works in you to clean you up.

Those saved are blood bought with God's imputed righteousness ascribed to the born-again believer by trusting Christ. God than works in your heart. You will find you DESIRE to live in a way that is pleasing to the Father. You will experience peace beyond words as God pours out His blessings upon your life.

A humble, broken heart coming to Christ will not be turned away. A prideful hardened heart will not receive as God resists the proud but gives Grace to the humble.

God bless

In Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 09:03 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,993 times
Mods should move this to the Christianity forum. It has nothing to do with philosophy.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:28 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,135,096 times
Duplicate

Last edited by LoveWisdom; 06-04-2013 at 08:58 AM..

Old 06-04-2013, 08:58 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,135,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
If He freely released the guilty without payment He would not be Just. Imagine if the judge for Sandusky or the batman theater murderer was just let free by the judge. There would be public outrage (rightfully so).

How does a Just judge justify sinful man? Only the cross of Jesus Christ. Only through the shedding of innocent divine blood can Man be pardoned.

Some would say: WHY would the shedding of innocent blood pardon anyone? Who created that rule? An innocent has to die to pardon the criminal? How is that just? This idea comes from ancient Jewish beliefs, during the times when people at large believed in many gods and they used to do human sacrifice in order to appease their gods... a virgin of some sort had to be burned or something...

How is that just?

The unpardonable sin is rejecting God's love through Jesus Christ.

If God made the rules, why would he make this one? A loving heart would not say: if you reject me, I'll torture you. Usually only crazy people say that: if you don't love me or if you reject me, I'll do really bad things to you.

Also, in the Bible, Paul says that some don't believe because "god of this world has blinded their eyes". Well, then why blame these poor people if they were blinded or deceived? How was it their fault?

To say that God loves the world SOOO much... and then to let people be deceived and blinded and to put conditions on giving them this love..... you can only have my love if you believe.... you can only have this love if you don't reject me.... you can only have this love is you obey me...

This sounds like a highly conditional love.

Some people never even heard of these conditions. So how is it their fault if they don't get saved as a result of not being "at the right place at the right time"? Some people are unable to believe things without proof. How is this their fault if they can only receive the love if they could believe?

How is that just or loving?

If God really cared about the world so much, why would he make this a criteria? Why not just save everybody? In the example of Moses and the snakes, where people had to look at the snake in order to be saved... some people couldn't look at the snakes and so others brought them (forced them to be healed). That was MORE merciful and just than to require the sick to crawl all by themselves and to say: if you can't make it, then you don't get it. That's cruel.

And another point: why do our relatives have to BEG God and fast and cry for years to save their loved ones? I thought God loved everybody more than people did? So why does anyone have to beg him for salvation? This idea within Christianity doesn't make sense.

An offer we can't refuse. The Word makes it clear that a hardened, prideful, ignorant heart is the prime reason why people do not come to Christ.

Yes, Paul did say that. He had to make up that reason because otherwise things wouldn't seem fair. But it's not true in reality. These are NOT the reasons people don't believe. Maybe a few are like that. But only a few. Others have completely different reasons. But of course, then it wouldn't seem just...so these are not mentioned.

Thus they will have to pay for their sins themselves, and it is a penalty that carries a death sentence as our good works can not pay for it.

Hell is a place of torture. What kind of a Being creates places of torture in the first place?

Jesus says once one repents and comes to Him they have passed from death to life. A beautiful new beginning of life occurs as GOD in His love works in you to clean you up.

And yet so many Christians keep crying from day to day, unable to be cleaned from their messes and their guilty consciusnesses, unable to "walk a straight line".

A humble, broken heart coming to Christ will not be turned away. A prideful hardened heart will not receive as God resists the proud but gives Grace to the humble.

Hmm, interesting. It's like saying that a mother loved her son, but didn't save him just because he was proud.... sounds like a mother had her own issues with pride....

In fact, did you know that it says that God is hot tempered. Hmm... a perfect God...hot tempered? It's described in the story of Exodus where God was telling Moses: I am not going to go with you because I am afraid that you will make me angry and I will have to destroy you.... A God who can't control his temper but expects us to do so?

A conclusion: people have created Christianity belief over time. Many different ideas were integrated into it over time by many different people with a bit different belief systems. And so finally what we got is a belief system that has contradictory and illogical ideas within its belief system.

Last edited by LoveWisdom; 06-04-2013 at 09:08 AM..

Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I thought this was going to be about God and that the OP didn't know about "freewill", otherwise, it was about Jesus, one of the many sons of God just like the rest of us.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
A conclusion: people have created Christianity belief over time. Many different ideas were integrated into it over time by many different people with a bit different belief systems. And so finally what we got is a belief system that has contradictory and illogical ideas within its belief system.
Regarding one not believing, Isaiah 6, Matt 13, etc also say the reason why people do not believe is that their eyes they have closed and their heart they have hardened. Good makes it clear in His Love through His Spirit through YOUR and my conscious He is continuously striving to bring Fallen Man back to fellowship with Him. I know this is true as before I came into the truth and got Saved, there were many times I felt compelled to get into the Word. Why didn't I? I didn't want my deeds reproved. I knew I would have to answer to a higher authority than me.

This is exactly what Jesus says in John 3. The condemnation is that light has come into the world and that Men loved darkness rather than light lest their deeds be reproved.

A just judge can not pardon the guilty. He would not be Just. Payment has to be made. Our works cannot pay the penalty. The wages of sin is death. Christ paid that penalty for any that accept it. Only divine blood shed pays the penalty.

God's love is infinite.

The concept of the Judeo Christian God requiring human sacrifices is wrong. This is a Pagan practice that the Jews fell into in a state of apostasy. It is condemned in the Torah, and has come into judgment in the diaspora.

When there is dialog between God and Moses, for example, it is attempting to explain an infinite God's interaction with finite Man. It must be written in a way we can comprehend. So when it states God "repented" changed His mind, it is doing this for our purposes of communication. God knows the end from the beginning. So it is communicating an infinite God to finite Man.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
It is absolutely impossible for Man to have created Christianity. God has preserved the Scriptures in a way that cannot be corrupted by a single source. The information frees Man from religious oppression with motives that are altruistic - life of righteousness.

Contrary to popular misguided belief, the Bible identifies those using Christianity as a career move exploiting the masses as having a special damnation where the "blackness of darkness is reserved forever".

Service motivated by Love and serving others not Greed being served is the truth.

For those that struggle in their walk, God lifts them up by His love. God is committed to those that come to Him and is compassionate toward our failures as Christ Himself intercedes for them.

The only sin that is unpardonable is rejecting Jesus Christ and God's pardon and free gift through Him.

No other philosophical belief has the answers. Biblical Christianity does.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
It is absolutely impossible for Man to have created Christianity. God has preserved the Scriptures in a way that cannot be corrupted by a single source. The information frees Man from religious oppression with motives that are altruistic - life of righteousness.

Contrary to popular misguided belief, the Bible identifies those using Christianity as a career move exploiting the masses as having a special damnation where the "blackness of darkness is reserved forever".

Service motivated by Love and serving others not Greed being served is the truth.

For those that struggle in their walk, God lifts them up by His love. God is committed to those that come to Him and is compassionate toward our failures as Christ Himself intercedes for them.

The only sin that is unpardonable is rejecting Jesus Christ and God's pardon and free gift through Him.

No other philosophical belief has the answers. Biblical Christianity does.
See? This thread isn't about philosophy at all. it is about Mikelee81's personal interpretation of Christianity.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:25 PM

19,040 posts, read 27,607,234 times
God did not create man. Man created god and religion. That very simply answers your question and resolves common sense lack of logic in the entire god-man situation.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:16 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,417 times
Take your proselytizing over to the Christianity forum. I sure as hell don't want to hear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy