Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 06:30 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber
OK Dude, please spare me the keyboard economy and shout out the full text of your cryptic commentary. Sheeesh, the lack of energy here on CD is appalling sometimes. Speaking of being awake and unhappy, enlighten me on what this relates to, are you looking for some justification for your own hatred?
No no bud im not,im sorry....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 06:44 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
I think it's very possible that it's being nurtured by a bad combination of internet access and media attention. Not sure if hatred is rising, or if it's more a matter of hatred more openly expressing itself.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:26 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
I'm speaking to the fact of fear as a component of hate, and I thought that putting this question in the philosophy forum could possibly render a view of the entire notion of hate as a philosophical counter to the widespread assumption of America being a nation following the Christian philosophy.
Like most philosophy, the starting "if" is kind of wrong so we can make up anything we want to suit a personal emotional need. Philosophy is like art, you can draw anything you want. But when building time starts, keep personal opinions to other artist.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I think it's very possible that it's being nurtured by a bad combination of internet access and media attention. Not sure if hatred is rising, or if it's more a matter of hatred more openly expressing itself.
In a nation that blames everybody else for ones problems "I hate them..." is the only conclusion for some.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:02 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Like most philosophy, the starting "if" is kind of wrong so we can make up anything we want to suit a personal emotional need. Philosophy is like art, you can draw anything you want. But when building time starts, keep personal opinions to other artist.
Philosophy, unlike art is the open expression of ideas among those hoping to find some wisdom, and in that expression of ideas comes the flood of emotion laden opinions. On the web we see a more open and accepting exchange of thoughts, and the formation of logical conclusions are left to those who are willing to refine their position to the level of an "informed opinion" as opposed to the ill informed, or worse, the uninformed kind. Artists are solo in their art, philosophy needs interaction, a canvas has it's physical boundaries, a conversation has none.

I've noted a lack of understanding of my original post, it was posted in this forum for the reason that hate has now become a type of philosophy, and I've gone so far as to relate my concern for the violent haters that we see world wide not just here. Some have seemed confused and want to make this a political debate, but hate crosses all socio/economic/political lines.

I found it disconcerting that so many of the world's religions, be they Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, etc routinely resort to hateful violence in defiance of their theologies. I'm interested in what causes people to align themselves to such dichotomous views.

Internet forums are supposed to have a fair amount of give and take, that's the entire point of communicating here, we have the T.O.S. to serve as the necessary guide to the agreed upon decorum. Are you personally feeling put upon by my posting here, and if so please feel free to pass by my posts and read those that suit your definition of what constitutes an acceptable post. Maybe I'll post this in one of the more contentious forums, LOL. It's just an internet forum folks, an exchange of ideas..

Old 11-01-2015, 11:24 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Hatred of Christians, Republicans and Conservatives is taught and encouraged in our schools from 1st grade through the Universities as well as through Hollywood.

Fanatical Muslims routinely chop people's heads off and rape little girls as well as kill over 3000 Americans on 911 so that engenders hatred although the responses aren't always accurate as in the USA attacked Iraq without justification as they had absolutely nothing to do with 911...911 was almost exclusively a Saudi operation and yet we remain allies with Saudi.

The misguided USA response to 911 has accelerated hatred of America by Muslims and Americans that opposed the response hate those that supported it.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:25 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,587 times
Quote:
Philosophy, unlike art is the open expression of ideas among those hoping to find some wisdom, and in that expression of ideas comes the flood of emotion laden opinions. On the web we see a more open and accepting exchange of thoughts, and the formation of logical conclusions are left to those who are willing to refine their position to the level of an "informed opinion" as opposed to the ill informed, or worse, the uninformed kind. Artists are solo in their art, philosophy needs interaction, a canvas has it's physical boundaries, a conversation has none.

I've noted a lack of understanding of my original post, it was posted in this forum for the reason that hate has now become a type of philosophy, and I've gone so far as to relate my concern for the violent haters that we see world wide not just here. Some have seemed confused and want to make this a political debate, but hate crosses all socio/economic/political lines.

I found it disconcerting that so many of the world's religions, be they Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, etc routinely resort to hateful violence in defiance of their theologies. I'm interested in what causes people to align themselves to such dichotomous views.

Internet forums are supposed to have a fair amount of give and take, that's the entire point of communicating here, we have the T.O.S. to serve as the necessary guide to the agreed upon decorum. Are you personally feeling put upon by my posting here, and if so please feel free to pass by my posts and read those that suit your definition of what constitutes an acceptable post. Maybe I'll post this in one of the more contentious forums, LOL. It's just an internet forum folks, an exchange of ideas..

Re the bolded part of your post: People who belong to social groups, and in particular those who belong to religious or political groups, have a fear of being rejected by those groups and the isolation (or punishment) that follows. Most often, people are born and raised to accept specific ideologies, so their adherence to those ideologies is expected by their families, friends, and everyone they know.

Independent thinking is not tolerated well in such circles, and is oftentimes not tolerated at all, with either death or banishment awaiting those who dare to think differently.

A microcosmic demonstration of this can be observed on 'just Internet forums.' People have committed suicide after being banned from an Internet forum in which they were emotionally invested.

People need people and are especially fearful of losing the people they love.

As a Christian missionary who's BTDT (and am still here and experiencing that), I speak from experience. If one is looking for an easy life, I wouldn't recommend Christianity.

Last edited by Mahrie; 11-01-2015 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: Clarification.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:

Your mistake is thinking its religion and not people. People are people. look at over crowding in any animal group and see what happens. you are trying the typical "its them" angle. That in of itself is a thin start. "They" are 'us".

Old 11-01-2015, 08:06 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Your mistake is thinking its religion and not people. People are people. look at over crowding in any animal group and see what happens. you are trying the typical "its them" angle. That in of itself is a thin start. "They" are 'us".
Thanks for your opinion..

Old 11-01-2015, 08:24 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,592,679 times
I wonder if any of you leave a bunker? What hatred? Real people in the wild have no time/desire to even learn about your preferences to hate you. Real world is more like a bunch of semi-isolated zombies hooking up to internet to learn about the rise of hatred from the people who dont leave their bunkers and basements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy