Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 12:21 AM
Status: "Before saving for a rainy evening, see your xenial lawyer!" (set 3 hours ago)

19,685 posts, read 651,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Would you live your life all over again. The same way and without being aware of living it again???
No.

Some of my "experiences" are too painful for me to want to re-live/re-experience
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 12:57 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
I have often asked myself this very question many times over. If I didn't go through what I have gone through, I wouldn't have made the choices I have made or learned the lessons I have learned. While there have been much pain in my past and many things that I wouldn't want to experience again, each one of those experiences has led me to where I am today and I REALLY love where I am today. So, I would have to say yes, I would do it all over again-the pain and all because right now is my reward for all of that and it is SOOOO worth it.

Cat

Old 03-29-2017, 02:49 PM

3,507 posts, read 765,449 times
not if i cant make changes ..iv`e had a good life .. i could have had a better one ....

Old 03-29-2017, 04:19 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,928,264 times
Quote:
Would you live your life all over again. The same way and without being aware of living it again???
So far, yes, I've really enjoyed life so far.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:15 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
If I had it to do all over again, I'd never marry....I'd work and travel all over the world....first....and then settle down in the place I felt was most like home. Working is and always will be important to me, so b/c your at work 75% of your life, it is important to find a job you enjoy.

I'd never tie myself down to a home...but rent....always....and make wiser financial choices.

I wouldn't be so materialistic, and live humbly....in a small place.....which wouldn't require a lot of material things. It would be homey....

All my life, I tried to live up to the expectations of others and take care of everyone, I wouldn't do that any longer, I would be confident, mentally, like I am now....never expecting anyone to live up to my expectations....

However, then I think about my son, and what a joy he was to raise, and observe...even now, and now my grand daughter, so?

Old 04-02-2017, 08:48 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,474 times
If I couldn't change anything, there would be no point.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:12 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Quote:
I think I care enough about me to give myself another shot.

Assuming that the new life starts when I die, which means I can instantly double my life span. I would do it. Why not? What's the alternative? I am fine with not knowing about it and not able to change anything.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:13 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
If, if, if.

I would seek more education, I would not get married, I would stay in Texas.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:41 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,823 times
I've learned a lot from the adverse experiences in my life, but if I had to do it over again, I would definitely make some tweaks.

I would have spent my own money on AP tests and taken college courses while I was still in high school. I would have gotten more involved in activities. I would have worried less about boys and trying to fit in with name-brand clothes and more about my education future. I would have bought my house about ten years earlier than I actually did. Everything else is negotiable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy