Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 08:21 AM

568 posts, read 1,205,680 times

Advertisements

I have to give props to my own neighborhood, Coronado Historic District. Being close to downtown, it's not for everyone, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else now that I've been here for a year. Every day I meet new people while out doing yardwork....everyone is soooo friendly here. And the houses are just adorable. While there's still a lot of work to be done, you can definitely see the investors fixing up the homes that have been abandoned and it's looking better all the time.
I also appreciate the diversity of this neighborhood...old, young, working class, middle class, gay, straight, black, hispanic, white, etc. And yet, there's none of that snobbish urban hipster vibe going on that one might see in some other larger cities. People seem to be down-to-earth and easy-going here.
If I had to choose 2 more...I'd go with Willo and Encanto...two other historic districts...I believe they are also very friendly.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:25 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There's much more architectural diversity in new subdivisions,
very true.
I also like the area between Norterra and Anthem. There are some reasonably priced houses on big lots.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:05 PM

56 posts, read 236,458 times
I like the castle gate neighborhood in queen creek. Right by castegate blvd and ocotillo is a beautiful view of the superstition mountain and a big field of nothing for miles.

I also love all of AJ.

I pretty much love anything that is close to nothing =)

Old 07-11-2010, 07:44 PM

805 posts, read 2,000,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
I prefer some of the older areas. For newer areas I like how Westwing is situated in a little Valley. My only problem is every time I drive into a newer area I hear that song from Weeds in my head.

Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky tacky,
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.

And the people in the houses
All went to the university,
Where they were put in boxes
And they came out all the same,
And there's doctors and lawyers,
And business executives,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same. etc...

I live in one, so I hear this song all the time
someone watches weeds occasionally lol

Old 07-12-2010, 08:39 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
On the east side I like Ocotillo, Gilbert(south), and well, thats about it. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area