Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:00 PM

58 posts, read 202,580 times

Advertisements

My Husband and I have decided to relocate from NY to AZ by the end of this year. We have been shopping around for homes and we really love one in Peoria, but is very expensive because of the community. The same house is being offered in Litchfield Park for a lot less Money. Is the area that bad or do you think is bacause of the community? How are the schools in Litchfield Park? I have two little ones. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 09:40 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,246,818 times
litchfield park is a better school area than peoria - hands down - their elementary school district is very good

LP is a nice area in general - a little older, but far from run down

i live in goodyear now and I used to live in the arrowhead area - i really like both spots and would recommend looking into both peoria and LP (and goodyear for that matter)

Old 02-26-2008, 07:11 AM

180 posts, read 656,648 times
The downtown area of Litchfield park is a Gem. This is a very small area centered around the Wigwam resort and maybe a 2 miles square. Most of the homes are old 60's to 80's, but they have always been well maintained and the area has a nice identity. The newer building in Litchfield park is more basic subdivision stuff. It just happens to be in Litchfield park. Just as any neighborhood it can be hit or miss, but in general will be nice.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:03 AM

611 posts, read 2,310,337 times
Litchfield Park is beautiful. Just be careful as there is some soil contamination somewhere in that area. As long as the home you're considering is not in the contamination area, then it is a great buy. Best wishes!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 AM

611 posts, read 2,310,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
litchfield park is a better school area than peoria - hands down - their elementary school district is very good
I think it depends upon the school. Our Peoria elementary and high schools are rated "excelling".

Old 02-26-2008, 01:39 PM

3 posts, read 8,154 times
I love the Litchfield Park area. I have worked for the Wigwam since 1998 in the area and it is just nice people and a nice area. Good luck

Old 02-26-2008, 05:33 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,483,695 times
Like as been posted old downtown section was pretty nice. But the couple who owned the corner drug and fountain closed a few years back. This was the place for malts and milkshakes.
I will say that the nights are nice and the loop around the houses makes a great running, walking or biking path.
In my years working for the fire dept there we hardly ever saw a house fire. It was mainly medical calls.
I have seen snow on the ground 1 time and it melted off quickly.
Goodyear has a fire station just a little south surrounded by a nice park area. Was supposed to be a Y gym built there as well.
My biggest dislike was the waterfowl around the lake, sure made a poopy mess everywhere.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:43 PM

Question What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Joy View Post
Litchfield Park is beautiful. Just be careful as there is some soil contamination somewhere in that area. As long as the home you're considering is not in the contamination area, then it is a great buy. Best wishes!
Where would I go to get more information about this contamination problem?
Im new to Phoenix, I know nothing about the area realy, and Im getting ready to go home shopping in 2 weeks.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:47 PM

Question Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

LP is a nice area in general - a little older, but far from run down

i live in goodyear now and I used to live in the arrowhead area - i really like both spots and would recommend looking into both peoria and LP (and goodyear for that matter)
My Cousin lived in Arrowhead, she said good things about that area. I saw a home in Peoria in a nice community, but is realy out of my budget. The same house is being offered in LP by the same builder but 200k less. Would you know why is that?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:50 PM

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyaz View Post
I love the Litchfield Park area. I have worked for the Wigwam since 1998 in the area and it is just nice people and a nice area. Good luck

How long is the commute from LP to Mesa? I might end up working there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area