Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 AM

8 posts, read 12,700 times

Advertisements

Hi. I've lived in Chicago for the past 12 years but am moving to Scottsdale because of a new job. I'll be working in North Scottsdale and would like to live in North Scottsdale as well. I've done some research and it appears that these apartments got decent ratings:
The Paragon at Kierland
Dakota
Aliente
Alexan at Frank Lloyd Wright

I can pay up to $900 a month for rent. I'm looking for a one bedroom apartment in North Scottsdale. I'm a 39 year old female and while I'll be looking to make friends, I don't want to be living in an apartment complex with tons of loud college kids. I'm looking for a nice property in a safe and quiet area. I would appreciate any suggestions you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 02:06 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,064,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JolieJolie View Post
I would appreciate any suggestions you can give me.

if able, come out here a week or two early, stay at one of these "extended-stay"/long-term hotels, like Residence Inn, Motel 6 Suites, SpringHill (and there are many others), and just drive around and check out these complexes and others in your desired area....would be nice to not sign a lease sight unseen, eh?.....

Old 10-09-2010, 04:55 PM

Good point. I'm not sue if I'll be able to come out there a week or two early and look at all of the place, but it is definitely worth a shot.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:14 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Hi. I've lived in Chicago for the past 12 years but am moving to Scottsdale because of a new job. I'll be working in North Scottsdale and would like to live in North Scottsdale as well. I've done some research and it appears that these apartments got decent ratings:
The Paragon at Kierland
Dakota
Aliente

I can pay up to $900 a month for rent. I'm looking for a one bedroom apartment in North Scottsdale. I'm a 39 year old female and while I'll be looking to make friends, I don't want to be living in an apartment complex with tons of loud college kids. I'm looking for a nice property in a safe and quiet area. I would appreciate any suggestions you can give me.
The college kids are in Tempe or South Scottsdale so you won't have to worry about college kids in any of those places. They aren't going to live 45 minutes away so that they can get up an hour early to commute to class.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:28 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,804 times
Quote:
The Paragon at Kierland
Dakota
Aliente

It would be hard to go wrong with any of the properties you mention. And azriverfan's correct - college students will not be an issue in North Scottsdale.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Great. Thanks so much for your feedback. My new employer is eager for me to make the move as soon as possible, but I'm going to see if I can take a quick flight out there to scout out some of the apartments I listed. If I'm not able to do so, I'll check into storing my things for the first few weeks and see if my employer would be willing to chip in towards staying at an extended stay hotel so that I can check out the apartments as opposed to picking one sight unseen. If I go that route, I'll need a local moving company to handle the move from storage to my apartment. Can anyone suggest a good moving company in the Scottsdale area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area