Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 05:53 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Looking forward to it myself. I've been getting my spa ready today. I don't use it in summer but love to sit in it on a cold morning with the steam all rising up. Will heat it up tonite when off peak rates come on. All day tomorrow is off peak, too. I'll be simmering while the turkey is baking.
Oh man, I'm so jealous, I want a spa for Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 06:05 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Ah, yes. Those little electric heaters help so much in this cold spell. But you gotta watch where you plug them in..... I just blew out a fuse, or breaker thing cause I had a lamp, computer, electric fireplace and the heater all going at the same time. Now every outlet in the family room/kitchen does not work. I am cuddling with my doggies under a blanket ! Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:13 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Baby, it's cold outside. Temps tomorrow will be in the 50s in the Phoenix area. The record (1918) is 54, and though we probably won't break it, it will be pretty darn close. Freeze watch in the outlying areas for tomorrow night. Kiss the bougainvilleas goodbye for the year! Dress warm all you crazy shoppers that will be out there at 3am.
I don't think it got much over 50 up here in the Verde Valley. With the wind it was reallllly cold today. There's even a teeny tiny bit of snow on the very top of Mingus Mtn.. It's forecast for snow down to 5,000 ft. tomorrow, I think. That'd be Jerome!

Wal Mart is starting their Black Friday shopping at 12:01 AM Fri.. That would be for toys, etc.. Electronics go on sale at 5 AM. I'll be there! I have never, in my entire life, been in a store on Black Friday so this should be a real experience! I'll be cashiering so it should be interesting to see what all they buy!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:13 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Ah, yes. Those little electric heaters help so much in this cold spell. But you gotta watch where you plug them in..... I just blew out a fuse, or breaker thing cause I had a lamp, computer, electric fireplace and the heater all going at the same time. Now every outlet in the family room/kitchen does not work. I am cuddling with my doggies under a blanket ! Happy thanksgiving everyone!
Do you know how to reset it? If not or for the benefit of someone else who may not, go outside around the front of your house and find the meter/breaker box. Open it and run your finger down along the rows of switches till you feel one that is not in line with the rest. It is the one that is tripped. It is in a halfway position between open and closed. Flip it off, then flip it back on again to reset.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:14 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
I just wanted to say howdy from Wyoming. I can feel your pain. Wow, 50s in the forecast?

Well, we'll probably have 50s in our forecast too, sometime between now and June. Right now it's 3F and headed downhill fast. That's not a typo. 3. Three. And I've gotta post this quick before it's -3. Or -23.

Keep warm down there and hope for a frost-free Thanksgiving. *waves*

Old 11-24-2010, 06:23 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
If only it would stay 50-65 degrees for the high everyday- I'd be loving it!
I love this weather. I love wearing skinny jeans and boots.
I've grown soooooo tired of the heat 8 months out of the year here.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:44 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
If only it would stay 50-65 degrees for the high everyday- I'd be loving it!
I love this weather. I love wearing skinny jeans and boots.
I've grown soooooo tired of the heat 8 months out of the year here.
It's nice for a change, but all year? No pool, no spring/fall nights on the patio, morning coffee outside, eating outdoors at restaurants, summer pool parties, water-skiing, boating, hiking in the mountains? By March I am ready for those 80s again.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
Quote:
It's nice for a change, but all year? No pool, no spring/fall nights on the patio, morning coffee outside, eating outdoors at restaurants, summer pool parties, water-skiing, boating, hiking in the mountains? By March I am ready for those 80s again.
Honestly, yes I would like this current weather all year.
In March of this year I was honestly already dreading the heat coming back when I saw it hit 75-80 degrees for the high of the day

Old 11-24-2010, 07:44 PM

422 posts, read 792,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
I don't know, it's like I can't function with this semi overcast gloomy type of day. I just want to lay in bed all day and do nothing.
Agree! Hate that weather. Makes the day unproductive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area