Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 03:59 PM

319 posts, read 494,014 times

Advertisements

Daily Weather Forecast for Phoenix, AZ - weather.com

What's up with the 95 degree lows?

Old 07-15-2007, 05:03 PM

218 posts, read 1,487,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneBKLYN View Post
Daily Weather Forecast for Phoenix, AZ - weather.com

What's up with the 95 degree lows?
95 is the low, not the up. . . and remember, "It's a dry heat."

When it's 95 here, it FEELS only 95. In Brooklyn, when it's 95, it feels ??????

Thanks for the grin

Old 07-15-2007, 11:46 PM

14 posts, read 84,346 times
It's not too bad, as long as you stay inside and have a good AC unit

Some people say they are use to it, but I am an Arizona Native and it is still miserable for 3 months.

Ryan Melville

Old 07-16-2007, 08:42 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
Yeah, it doesn't really cool down at night at all. It's still 100 at 10pm. But, like the others say, it's not that bad at night as there's no sun beating down on you.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:44 AM

1,477 posts, read 4,405,871 times
It's bad....the dry heat talk is simply a cop out that people from Arizona use to try and tell themselves they aren't miserable.

The summer weather there is terrible and there is no getting around it. But, that's simply part of the deal when you live in a desert. Winter weather is nice though.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
It's bad....the dry heat talk is simply a cop out that people from Arizona use to try and tell themselves they aren't miserable.

LMBO

Good one. My thoughts exactly.Humidity or not, that kind of heat dangerous and miserable, whether youre in the desert or central Nebraska. Months upon months of it is hell. Plain and simple.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:14 AM

81 posts, read 362,016 times
It's hot right now but it's only bad from from about 1-6 pm.

Yesterday I did some manual labor in the morning, then drove my no-A/C truck back home at 3 p.m (30 miles). It wasn't too bad as the air coming in was still cool enough to cool me off most of the way. It gets bad when it feels like a blow dryer on you. Of course most people have A/C.

I did some more outside stuff around 7:30 pm. It was still hot but the sun was going down and it wasn't too bad and I had my pool to jump in afterward.

It sucks right now for a few months but I'd rather be hot for 3 months than rain or snow for 4 months solid.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:22 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63ragtop View Post
It sucks right now for a few months but I'd rather be hot for 3 months than rain or snow for 4 months solid.
No place has solid rain or snow for 4 months. If that were the case, there would be hundreds of feet of snow in certain areas.

I was down there a few weeks back in a truck with no A/C. Most AWFUL thing EVER. It was anywhere between 120-130 degrees in the truck. The air felt like a hair dryer (as you pointed out), you couldnt even touch the door to put your hand out the window because the metal was on fire. LOL It was interesting to say the least. Oh yeah, we parked at the BK on Tatum near LA Fitness, had lunch, came back out and the thermometer in the truck was buried WAY past its final mark of 120, and was on its way around to meet back with 0 degrees. Im positive if we had left it in there for another hour, it would have reached 200 degrees. Thats insane. INSANE. INSANE. INSANE.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM

319 posts, read 494,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
No place has solid rain or snow for 4 months. If that were the case, there would be hundreds of feet of snow in certain areas.

I was down there a few weeks back in a truck with no A/C. Most AWFUL thing EVER. It was anywhere between 120-130 degrees in the truck. The air felt like a hair dryer (as you pointed out), you couldnt even touch the door to put your hand out the window because the metal was on fire. LOL It was interesting to say the least. Oh yeah, we parked at the BK on Tatum near LA Fitness, had lunch, came back out and the thermometer in the truck was buried WAY past its final mark of 120, and was on its way around to meet back with 0 degrees. Im positive if we had left it in there for another hour, it would have reached 200 degrees. Thats insane. INSANE. INSANE. INSANE.
I still get the impression that a humid 90 degrees feels worse than a dry 110.

Humidity just gets under your skin and sucks the life out of you from the inside.
Just makes you want to lay on the ground with your eyes half-opened and your tongue rolled out, sweating miserably. Ech.

I feel like a dry 110 would be hot on the surface of your skin. An "Ouch" hot, not an "Ugh" hot. You know?

Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
Actually, I have thought this week was kinda nice. At least some humidity in the air to soften the blowdryer, some clouds. Of course no rain, but it makes you feel like it might rain.............lol. It isn't the heat per say that gets me the most. It's no rain for months and months. It's rather scary isn't it?
Nothing grows here naturally, except cactus, and barely. No change, sunny,sunny,sunny,sunny,sunny,sunny,sunny,sunny, chance of rain (just kidding), sunny,sunny,sunny,syn=jksjlfdklsljl. You get crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a little rain is all I need!!!!!!
Night time lows below a hundred which is at 3:00 or 4:00 am so that your never aware of them, well, it's better than anything above 100 I guess.
Just wait until October when it's still hot! That's when you really start going insane. I mean what kind of costume do your kids where in 105 degree heat? A swim suit! Yes, that's good, be a swimmer for Halloween.lol (just so you know, the avg's are never on in October or November, we wish they were, but it's a rare fall when it's not still hot.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area