Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2006, 09:33 PM

153 posts, read 563,252 times

Advertisements

When I mention looking into the southern part of Scottsdale for housing, several people seem to turn up their noses....what's this about? Give me your opinion about this part of town. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2006, 09:57 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,405,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublet View Post
When I mention looking into the southern part of Scottsdale for housing, several people seem to turn up their noses....what's this about? Give me your opinion about this part of town. Thanks!
South Scottsdale is alright. I think most people try to live in North Scottsdale because they find it nicer. It is alright but not my kind of place.

I would suggest being as close to either Old Town Scottsdale if you are going to live in South Scottsdale. Otherwise, look toward the area around the intersection of Scottsdale Road and Shay.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:11 PM

153 posts, read 563,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
South Scottsdale is alright. I think most people try to live in North Scottsdale because they find it nicer. It is alright but not my kind of place.

I would suggest being as close to either Old Town Scottsdale if you are going to live in South Scottsdale. Otherwise, look toward the area around the intersection of Scottsdale Road and Shay.
Thanks, Irwin! I know you're not a big fan of the whole of Phoenix, so I especially appreciate your constructive comments.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:57 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times
Totally snobbish. I always liked South Scottsdale when I was there and in future jaunts I intend to hang there again.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:03 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,450,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Totally snobbish. I always liked South Scottsdale when I was there and in future jaunts I intend to hang there again.
I've seen so many posts that make sweeping generalizations about Scottsdale. I live in N. Scottsdale and believe me I am far from a snob. Truth is, my realtor pushed me into living here simply because I wanted an older Spanish style house and he told me I would not get it in Tempe. I don't care for central or west Phoenix, as the drivers are really crazy and it's not as safe over there.

This isn't aimed at you personally. I just don't quite get why wanting to live in nice, quiet SAFE neighborhood is equated with snobbery. I don't shop at any of the upscale department stores. I like garage sales and go to Costco.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:48 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I've seen so many posts that make sweeping generalizations about Scottsdale. I live in N. Scottsdale and believe me I am far from a snob. Truth is, my realtor pushed me into living here simply because I wanted an older Spanish style house and he told me I would not get it in Tempe. I don't care for central or west Phoenix, as the drivers are really crazy and it's not as safe over there.

This isn't aimed at you personally. I just don't quite get why wanting to live in nice, quiet SAFE neighborhood is equated with snobbery. I don't shop at any of the upscale department stores. I like garage sales and go to Costco.

I would like to know that myself. I like to live in quiet safer neighborhoods myself and maybe not so close to those nude clubs in south Scottsdale. If that makes me a snob I guess that's what I am.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:40 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,450,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
I would like to know that myself. I like to live in quiet safer neighborhoods myself and maybe not so close to those nude clubs in south Scottsdale. If that makes me a snob I guess that's what I am.
You go girl, we'll hang out in Scottsdale together. :-) Honestly, this purchase was a good investment. My realtor kept telling me I needed to live "here," although I knew it wasn't for the reasons he was thinking. Bottom line, I wanted an older house, big lot, diving pool etc, and this was the only place that had those things, hence he steered me here.

It's quiet, and I love it. I've never lived in a more quiet place. Now, if I can only relocate this I'll be much happier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: