Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: From a Phoenicians Prospective?
Phoenix 3 37.50%
Denver 5 62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 11:55 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingin2new View Post
Wow! Three really distincitve areas! What is it about these three cities that appeal? I mean in terms of climate, it would be hard to get more opposite than Portland (RAIN RAIN RAIN GREY GREY GREY) and Phoenix (SUN SUN SUN BLUE SKIES BLUE SKIES BLUE SKIES)!!!

Also, Minneapolis and those other two cities have VERY different winters. Minneapolis winters are bitter cold. A lot of buildings downtown have walkways connecting them so you don't have to walk outdoors. I "think" the coldest city in the US (Average temp) is in Minnesota on the northern border?

Portland and Phoenix have very mild winters by comparison.

There are also different culture feels to those cities? Pac Northwest is different than Phoenix (part Western/part tourism? A very laid back area with a lot of resorts and retirees). Minnesota is Midwest in its culture.

What is it you're looking for and where do you think you'd fit in?
Well, i'm thinking that i would fit in best either in Minneapolis or Phoenix, because they are kind of a mix of Denver, yah know? (I love Denvers climate). Denver gets cold at times (Minneapolis) & also gets really hot at times (Phoenix)..the Weather isn't as extreme as these places of course, but I think i could handle any one of these places. I haven't even been to portland, but from what i've heard it sounds like the kind of place i would like. Also i hear about Portland having near by skiing, and i'm somewhat starting to like skiing. I've heard everything possitive about these areas (Except there weather). I also here there are great educational opportunities in these metros. Thanks for the post!

Old 07-03-2011, 07:44 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Actually, I should have checked on the status of the U of A Phoenix branch school, and I just don't keep Midwestern in my head. I don't think of that as a real medical school, sorry. Sort of like going to med school in Grenada or some place because you can't get in to one here.
You are entitled to your opinion but there is a difference between an informed opinion and uninformed one. Midwestern U. is a U.S. medical school. For their 2005 class, they had 2700 applicants for 150 spots with an acceptance rate of 11.9%. Harvard Law Schools acceptance rate was 11.8% over a 6 year period from 2003-2009 and it's considered to be the best or among the top 3 best law schools in the country. St. George (Grenada) is not a U.S. school and has a much lower acceptance rate as those schools do accept more people. I also happened to peruse their most recent graduating classes placement and Midwestern has placed someone at the Mayo Clinic for dermatology which is one of the most difficult positions to attain for any medical student in the United States so the Mayo Clinic obviously disagrees with you.

2009 Raw Data Law School Rankings : Acceptance Rate (Ascending)

Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (Midwestern University) Admissions Statistics: GPA and MCAT Scores (http://www.localcollegeexplorer.com/medical/Arizona_College_of_Osteopathic_Medicine%28Midweste rn_University%29.htm - broken link)

Old 07-03-2011, 07:46 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,804 times
Now that you've narrowed it down, this discussion would be best suited for the City vs. City forum. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area