Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 07:44 PM

83 posts, read 214,658 times

Advertisements

Looking to move to Phoenix due to my job relocating and keep hearing new bad things eveyday. Now I am hearing it is the # 2 Capital of the WORLD Kidnapping for Ransom Money, Mexico City is #1 and how hearing there are a lot of Home Invasions. Please give me some feedback on these topics!!!!

Last edited by Jazzjazz07; 10-09-2011 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: Misprint

Old 10-09-2011, 07:49 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
If you are hearing new bad things everyday why on earth are you looking to move here?

Old 10-09-2011, 07:49 PM

710 posts, read 3,392,813 times
Home invasions are largely drug/illegal alien smuggling related. If you limit your involvement in these two areas, your chances of being a 'victim' are greatly reduced.

Kidnapping for ransom is usually the result of one band of smugglers 'stealing' another smuggler's load of illegals, holding them hostage in a house, and demanding that their families Western Union money for their release.

Again - not something with which ordinary Americans need be concerned.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:56 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,766,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesbb View Post
Looking to move to Phoenix and keep hearing new bad things eveyday. Now I am hearing it is the Capital of Kidnapping for Ransom Money and how the there are a lot of Home Invasions. Please give me some feedback on these topics!!!!
Yup I was kidnapped and held for ransom only 2 times last week so it was a slow week.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
If you are hearing new bad things everyday why on earth are you looking to move here?
Because I have a job offer that is why. But now when someone brought it to my attention I see on line it states Phoenix is the # 2 worldwide for Kidnapping for Ransom, First is Mexico City. So # 2 is really bad. WE ALL KNOW how BAD MEXICO CITY IS!!!! So to be # 2 is pretty bad.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:59 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
Yup I was kidnapped and held for ransom only 2 times last week so it was a slow week.
Did they feed you???

Old 10-09-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ji603 View Post
Home invasions are largely drug/illegal alien smuggling related. If you limit your involvement in these two areas, your chances of being a 'victim' are greatly reduced.

Kidnapping for ransom is usually the result of one band of smugglers 'stealing' another smuggler's load of illegals, holding them hostage in a house, and demanding that their families Western Union money for their release.

Again - not something with which ordinary Americans need be concerned.
SO you are telling me my chances are reduced but still out there. I am reading articles where McCain is speaking on Phoenix being #2 in the world. So it must be serious.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:00 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,766,789 times
Quote:
Because I have a job offer that is why. But now when someone brought it to my attention I see on line it states Phoenix is the # 2 worldwide for Kidnapping for Ransom, First is Mexico City. So # 2 is really bad. WE ALL KNOW how BAD MEXICO CITY IS!!!! So to be # 2 is pretty bad.
Why don't you read about how the ex-Phoenix police Chief inflated the kidnapping stats to get more money from the federal government or does that not fit your agenda.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:06 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,164,084 times
Quote:
The kidnapping stats are directly related to human trafficking, drugs, and illegal aliens. Normal people are unaffected by this. Normal people are not the targets or involved in any way. In addition, as another member alluded to, there was a local controversy with crime stats being doctored to fit the agenda of certain law enforcement officials.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
Why don't you read about how the ex-Phoenix police Chief inflated the kidnapping stats to get more money from the federal government or does that not fit your agenda.
Why do you have to be rude. I am reading everything thank you. You can only lie about so much, so for it to be ranked #2 it has to be some type of problem. You don't see any other state ranked a # in the world. It was not just rank in the country but in the WORLD. So why don't you go look it that up or it does not fit in your agenda. Don't get mad because you live there and facts are facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area