Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 12:28 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,575,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicforme View Post
Ok, here is the latest news..

An investment group made a cash offer this morning substantially less than the list price. ...
Good luck, but I'd not be too optimistic. An investment group is either going to want a substantial discount if they are looking to flip, or low enough to make a good return on their cash as a rental. They probably make these low ball offers on many homes hoping for at least a few to bite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
NO! Think positively and get the negative stuff out of your head. My house is for sale too and You have gotten further than I have. Just keep going !!!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:39 PM

426 posts, read 1,306,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
Good luck, but I'd not be too optimistic. An investment group is either going to want a substantial discount if they are looking to flip, or low enough to make a good return on their cash as a rental. They probably make these low ball offers on many homes hoping for at least a few to bite.
I'm happy to report that we're now under contract. Closing is expected to occur on Monday, November 14th.

Our Realtor spoke to the Broker that made the offer on behalf of the investment company. Our Realtor let her know that our counter offer would be our first and only counter offer, that the house is move in ready, and the investment company would be getting a very good deal as our counter offer price was less than the recent appraisal we paid for. She said she's speak to her buyer and pass along the information to them.

Our Realtor called me around 4:00 PM this afternoon to let me know she received an e-mail from the Broker that she had a verbal commitment and a signed contract would follow later in the evening. I received a .PDF of the signed contract at 5:44PM.

So, as of tonight the 10 day inspection period begins and I'm curious to see what things an inspector finds that are wrong. I'll update the thread with more info as it pops up.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:46 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,186 times
You and your wife seem to have done everything correctly from the beginning of this experience. I'm not surprised you are already under contract. Thanks for the thread and the updates. Even though I'm in the business it's great to get a seller's persective of the process. Good luck and happiness in your new home.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:18 AM

475 posts, read 814,338 times
Quote:
I'm happy to report that we're now under contract. Closing is expected to occur on Monday, November 14th.

Our Realtor spoke to the Broker that made the offer on behalf of the investment company. Our Realtor let her know that our counter offer would be our first and only counter offer, that the house is move in ready, and the investment company would be getting a very good deal as our counter offer price was less than the recent appraisal we paid for. She said she's speak to her buyer and pass along the information to them.

Our Realtor called me around 4:00 PM this afternoon to let me know she received an e-mail from the Broker that she had a verbal commitment and a signed contract would follow later in the evening. I received a .PDF of the signed contract at 5:44PM.

So, as of tonight the 10 day inspection period begins and I'm curious to see what things an inspector finds that are wrong. I'll update the thread with more info as it pops up.
Good house good price...great neighborhood.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:00 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,575,100 times
Quote:

Congrats!

Old 10-26-2011, 11:49 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
WHOOPEE !!!!! Good goin' and I hope I have the same good fortune as you. I do believe it pays to be positive, although its hard sometimes.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:41 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Below appraisal heh? Good for you but bad for your neighbors.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:12 PM

412 posts, read 679,382 times
Congrats!!! City Data needs to add a "Like" option for each post... so much great info here and so many positive comments....

Old 10-26-2011, 06:17 PM

475 posts, read 814,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Below appraisal heh? Good for you but bad for your neighbors.

Us neighbors aren't selling...he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area