Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 06:50 PM

15 posts, read 34,112 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I am originally from Ohio but moved to South Florida 5 years ago and I am ready to move on. I have always wanted to move to Arizona and I look at Florida as pit stop along the way. The Ocean is nice but FL it is flat flat flat so I have made the decision to move to the Phoenix area at the end of this year.

I have been doing a lot of research and reading a lot of posts on this forum but I am still very torn on where I want to live. I am in my early 30's with no kids so I don't have to worry about schools. Ideally I want to live very close to bars/restaurants but in a safe location where I can walk my dog at 5 a.m and feel safe.

I have never lived in a city where I could depend on public transportation, Cleveland was the bus and in S. Florida..well it's just the bus too. I think it would be nice to go out on the weekend and leave the car behind without worrying about spending $100 on cab fare.

I am looking for a 1 bdrm under 1,000 and dog friendly, a little more if some utilities are included. In S. Florida the rent prices are HIGH so from what I have seen online it looks like I can get a little more for my money. I currently pay $1240 for a standard 1bdrm and it's a little much but the rental dollar does not go far here.

I have it narrowed down to a few places so I would appreciate any input you might have on these places:

Camden Copper Square-The location seem great, not sure how safe the neighborhood is.

Alta Phoenix Lofts

Pavilions on Central

West 6th-Not sure if it's in my price range or if it is mostly college?

Roosevelt Square

Grigio Metro-again, don't want to live in a "dorm" like atmosphere.

I am also open to downtown Scottsdale but have not been able to find anything good online.

I also don't know if I am putting to much focus on living on the Light Rail? How convenient is it?

Thank you all for your input I am looking forward to making some friends on this forum, I sure hope you are nicer than Florida folk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area