Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:05 PM

343 posts, read 552,595 times

Advertisements

Last I drove by Yolanda's, the restaurant was closed down. The couple split up so this may be temporary. That's what I heard.... One of the best places to eat between Phoenix and Tucson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 03:58 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
Probably referring to Adobe Mountain "School" (male juveniles), 2800 W. Pinnacle Peak Road Phoenix, AZ 85083 and Black Canyon "School" (female juveniles), 24601 North 29th Avenue Phoenix, AZ 85083. They may be called schools but don't kid yourself; they are prisons. Once a part of the Arizona Department of Corrections, now under separate management called the Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections.
Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections - History (http://www.juvenile.state.az.us/AgencyInfo/History.htm - broken link)

The same could be said of San Francisco- San Quentin is only about ten miles from the Golden Gate Bridge and it borders San Rafael, the county seat of Marin County. And the California Men's Colony is only about three miles from downtown San Luis Obispo.

But if you want to scare people, you should have mentioned that there's more than one ASP facility in the area. There's also the Pinal County Jail, a private prison run by Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) filled with out of state criminals and an INS detention center as well.

It is a legitimate concern for some I guess, but in reality, no matter where you live, you have more to fear from the criminals living in and around your community that haven't been caught than the ones in lockup.
I just wondered if there was a prison I didn't know about. I live near Adobe and have actually volunteered there once as an art therapy project. I had the best experience there working with the boys.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,988 times
There is a brand new community near Anthem that would be perfect. It is called Encanterra and is built by Shea Homes. They had their Grand Opening a few weeks ago and they have beautiful homes. I believe you can find them on the web.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:56 AM

3 posts, read 16,765 times
Default Anthem at Merrill Ranch Florence, AZ

Encanterra is beautiful but very expensive compared to Anthem at Merrill Ranch, and the prison systems in Pinal County are a HUGE employment resource for the area.

Property taxes are averaging around 1.5% of the sales price.

As far as the HOA dues go, $80.75 per month is hardly steep when you consider everything you get for that! Many communities in the area are close to $60 per month and give you very little, if anything at all. At Anthem at Merrill Ranch, you basic cable included AND you get full membership for two adults and all the children under 18 in your household to the community center and waterpark.

You really should check it out to understand the true value.....you don't need to spend money on a gym membership as the community center features a state of the art fitness center...and it's right in your backyard! 18 hole Championship golf course, A 60 acre park with sportsfields, a playground, catch and release fishing lake, amphitheater, future skate park, school, and sooo much more. If lifestyle is not important to you, consider that your future property values should certainly compensate for the additional monthly HOA contribution.

Moderator cut: realtor

Last edited by sablebaby; 03-25-2008 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: cannot advertise on this site

Old 05-19-2008, 09:10 AM

31 posts, read 102,731 times
Default Anthem in Florence AZ

After looking for 6 weeks in this area of Gold Canyon, Queen Creek I decided to buy in the Parkside Community.
I am a senior and just love this community, it has trails for walking, biking, tennis courts and
oh! yes the community center and all the ammenities.
The HOA is reasonable for what you are entitled to, such as basic cable and
the use of the community center.
The prices of the homes have come down since I purchased in December 2007.
This is a growing community and has a senior center.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:34 PM

3 posts, read 15,224 times
Default Neighbors....

hey maity,
looks like we are going to be neighbors. we also just purchased a pulte home in the parkside section of anthem at merrill ranch. should be completed by september. we are also seniors who do not care for the "senior" section. we are pretty excited about the fitness center, trails, etc. my husband can't wait to get onto the poston butte golf course. we think we made a good deal on the house...wouldn't want to commute into phoenix every day but think the lifestyle will suit us just fine. hope to meet you and other seniors in the fall. best regards....

Old 08-19-2008, 05:25 PM

63 posts, read 141,589 times
Hello we just bought in Anthem a few weeks ago and really love the area,we started out in Johnson Ranch but could not pass up the deal in Anthem plus we get a 3 car garage the home will be done in the end of Oct. Can't wait we are coming from Oregon .

Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 AM
ejm

3 posts, read 17,663 times
Congrats on your purchase!

My wife and I did the same thing in February. Almost bought on the golf course at Johnson Ranch but were more impressed with the Sun City community though the price was higher the home is a lot nicer.

Regards
Emmett

Old 08-28-2008, 07:36 AM

611 posts, read 1,991,431 times
It looks beautiful but where do people work who live there? That is way out from the metro area.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:13 AM

214 posts, read 961,685 times
A lot of people work in the city of Florence, either for the prison, fire dept, city services etc. Some commute back into the valley and others work in Casa Grande, about 20 minutes away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area