Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:59 PM

7 posts, read 27,574 times

Advertisements

Among tolleson and laveen which is better for new home??? PLease give me some views. NEver visited tolleson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 11:28 AM

551 posts, read 2,726,008 times
You will probably find them to be about the same, with Tolleson being slightly further out from downtown Phoenix than Laveen. Otherwise, it is hard to tell which city you are in.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:17 AM

11 posts, read 26,272 times
Hi, I live in Tolleson (well I am in Seattle for a job) but have a nice house there. Thinking of selling it, although with this market it's gonna be...challenging.

I really am not a fan of Laveen. Alot of crime in the Laveen corridor. We almost bought there, and went with Tolleson (during the height of the real estage bubble.).

Tolleson is fine, it's not perfect mind you, occasional crime although we've never experienced it.

We're near Lower Buckeye and 83rd and there is alot of new retail going in there (Super Walmart, Frys, Target, Starbucks, etc.). Next to our subdivision, there is a new school less than 5 mins walk that was built and finished just last week. A hospital was a 10 min drive. There are several huge malls nearby too.

There are alot of new homes going up, but honestly, I'd buy pre-owned.
You'll get a better deal IMHO on the owned homes (quality and price) even with the builders incentives. A buddy of mine who works for one of the major home builders says they've really been cutting corners on the lower to mid-range models. The build quality has really gone down (heh I wonder how that's possible) due to the surplus of new homes.

Drive time to downtown was approx 15-20 mins for me. To Scottsdale I can make it there in about 25-30. Airport was 15-20.

Hope that helps. PM if you want to know more.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:06 PM

3 posts, read 10,219 times
Default neither

I worked in Tolleson, and have very good friends in Laveen. If you are looking specifically for a new home build, move over to anything West of the 101 and north of the I-10. Those areas hold their resale, and tend to have less crime.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:12 PM

133 posts, read 433,335 times
Laveen! Tolleson vs. Laveen is really up to what you want to get out of your new neighborhood...... My wife and I like the proximity to central Phoenix AND the East Valley. We also like the proximity to SoMo and the urban trail system, whereas we would have to go somewhere far more expensive to enjoy the same amenities.

To others, these issues may not be as important. Laveen does not yet have the best access to the I-10 to the north, although we are looking forward to the Loop 202 alignment that should begin next year.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:03 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,165,894 times
My vote is neither.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:57 AM

267 posts, read 885,391 times
I don't live in either, but in my last visit I must say I liked Laveen better. It's closer to Downtown and Tempe and just seems like it's going to grow a bit faster. I would really take a visit if you can. Those areas arn't for everyone as you can see on this forum.

Old 05-17-2008, 02:33 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew3 View Post
Among tolleson and laveen which is better for new home??? PLease give me some views. NEver visited tolleson
Neither one.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:13 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
It's harder to find "Laveen" since there really is no such town. Developers have taken the Laveen name and extended it far beyond what really used to be Laveen because is has a lot more cache than "South Phoenix" which is what a lot of "Laveen" really is. Tolleson is going to be a future ghetto and most of the Laveen area is too. The trick to buying Laveen is finding the good part that may stay that way. Good luck.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:09 PM

97 posts, read 414,787 times
Tolleson and Laveen are both not ghetto. If you are unacustomed to living in an an ethnically diverse neighborhood, then you will probably consider it ghetto. Are there undesireable sections? Yes. Those are typically on a block by block section, just like you would find any place. If you are comparing Laveen or Tolleson to Mayberry, then they are ghetto. The police don't carry their one bullet in the front sleeve pocket here, they use real guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area