Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,598,532 times

Advertisements

America

Use this list to avoid when traveling. These are hotspots for crowds and accidents. Atlanta and Phoenix are both included as are many others. No avoiding the dangers of the auto. Just do what you can to stay alert then try to relax. Try and think positive. I realize it can be tough moving to a new city, some just don't make it but some come to love it. If you can, give it a year or so, if it doesn't work out you can always move on. Hope this helps.

Keep in mind that we don't have the weather accidents places like Atlanta does so it evens out a lot. Our weather is pretty stable except for the occasional dust storm. Something positive to keep in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 PM

104 posts, read 144,487 times
Default you are right on with your observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl85 View Post
It seems that there are deadly accidents on the freeway daily. Why is it so dangerous? My wife and I would like to take some trips to Southeastern Arizona and out to Los Angeles, but we don't want to put our life in unnecessary danger.
Don't let the few that defend the city AKA gate keepers tell you any different. I experienced the police helicopters in my so called safe neighborhood many times while living there. Just a few days after moving into my Ahwatukee house a police officer and his dog hopped my wall looking for someone. Sorry, but this is not real typical in most areas. People drive crazy fast there, they are rude drivers that ignore turn signals, or driving rules and have zero road manners. You will have to drive very defensive, watch yourself and others as close to keep safe. Also, be aware if your car is hit in any private parking lot, stores, ect, you will have a problem. This happen to me twice and both times these low life will remind you that you can't call the police they don't respond to private parking lot fender benders, they will let you know your screwed and leave. It took me 7 months to reclaim my deductable through arbitration where I won from the last low life that hit my car. Just call the police anyway and tell them the person is drunk or hurt thats the only way they will come onto private property and make a report. You will probably need the information one day
I am glad im out of there. good luck!!! your gonna need it.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,568,637 times
All in all, you better assume no one is noticing your car and your intentions and that they are assuming you will zig when you intend to zag. That is why you have a turn signal lever in your car. It broadcasts your intentions to nearby drivers. It's for YOUR safety and those of your passengers, as well as the safety of other people not in your car.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 AM

7,167 posts, read 9,219,662 times
I went to Tombstone over the holidays. No problems on I10. The strangest thing I noticed was that there were very few speeders out. Usually have to stay in the right most lane most of the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area