Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 PM

109 posts, read 163,956 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to find the most affordable golf communities in the Phoenix area. We will be looking this weekend and have been looking at Scottsdale (probably too expensive), Glendale, Deer Valley, Gilbert. We have a home budget in the mid to high 300's, does anyone know of a master planned community that has a low cost or free community club and golf membership? I have two young children. I am thinking I could golf while the wife is at the pool! examples are Verrado or Anthem but not so far from everything. Let me know if there are places I shouldn't miss!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 AM

357 posts, read 712,209 times
What is your definition of low cost? Nowhere will let you golf for free but when the economy tanked a lot of country clubs had to drastically lower rates. So it may seem odd to think this way but it could be worth checking out country clubs. If you and one of the kids are going to be golfing a few times a month it could pay for itself with how expensive greens fees can be in the winter.

An option you may want to check out is Moon Valley. They have a country club there that has been struggling since the economy tanked so there are a lot of different options for membership. It's not a master planned community but the location is close to multiple freeways and gives easy access to most of the valley (except for SE valley). It's not as new as Deer Valley but I can't recall your other criteria from past posts.

I doubt anywhere will have a free community center with a pool, tennis, etc. you'll either need to pay for it on your own or the fees will be included in your HOA payment.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,344,074 times
There are a couple down here in the far southeast valley - Mission Royale in Casa Grande, they have a waterpark included in the development as well as a golf course with country club for much less than the closer in locations...its closer in than Verrado, and has a mall directly across the street from the development. But still probably further out than you like. You dont say where you will be working so...

Then there is the Anthem in Florence....very nice but even further out..

Old 03-28-2013, 09:27 AM

175 posts, read 491,971 times
Johnson Ranch...lot of things for the kids uncluding fishing, pool, golf etc. You can buy a lot of home for $300k.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:26 PM

284 posts, read 701,152 times
So I assume you are not eligible for an age-restricted community? We don't golf but I have heard good things about Alta Mesa in Mesa.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:29 PM

284 posts, read 701,152 times
and what about Dobson Ranch?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:02 PM

181 posts, read 439,711 times
43rd and w bell. Bellair.......it's somewhat legendary. Might be a good alternative to Arrowhead, and I think you could be on the course for 200ish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area