Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,345,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunni2012 View Post
Have u seen this new development. I'm looking to head to Az soon to see it.

Homes in Goodyear for Sale: Las Brisas Expedition Collection Real Estate from Taylor Morrison
I haven't seen that one in particular, but that is in the Canyon Trails area (south end), which has nothing negative about it, and Taylor Morrison builds nice looking homes. I would not hesitate to buy there. It is just starting to develop in that spot so you would have a lot of open space or cotton fields around you. It's reasonably convenient to shopping and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 11:32 AM

211 posts, read 544,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I haven't seen that one in particular, but that is in the Canyon Trails area (south end), which has nothing negative about it, and Taylor Morrison builds nice looking homes. I would not hesitate to buy there. It is just starting to develop in that spot so you would have a lot of open space or cotton fields around you. It's reasonably convenient to shopping and such.
Yes I like Taylor Morrison homes. Build a great house.
As u stated my concern is if there is good shopping areas around
Walmart , food chain, gyms, etc

I know in time it will build up more w developments in the area ,and as the East Valley becomes more and more populated. The building should move west valley

Old 06-13-2013, 11:40 AM

68 posts, read 83,511 times
Thanks P! Nightgirl put an estimate of one hour drive time. For an area that's safe first, has the trails, and not much traffic, the additional 15 minutes or so of driving just seems well worth it. I'm not sure of my time slot yet, but I'd be willing to bet it's not going to parallel with rush hour. I really like the idea of doing and enjoying what the city has to offer, especially hockey games! But only being a 45 minute drive away from it. The home is beautiful, P! The more open space, the better.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:51 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,677,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneylightning View Post
Thanks P! Nightgirl put an estimate of one hour drive time. For an area that's safe first, has the trails, and not much traffic, the additional 15 minutes or so of driving just seems well worth it. I'm not sure of my time slot yet, but I'd be willing to bet it's not going to parallel with rush hour. I really like the idea of doing and enjoying what the city has to offer, especially hockey games! But only being a 45 minute drive away from it. The home is beautiful, P! The more open space, the better.
To put it in perspective, I'd say it's similar to driving from Southfield to Ann Arbor everyday. It's a hike.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Yes I like Taylor Morrison homes. Build a great house.
As u stated my concern is if there is good shopping areas around
Walmart , food chain, gyms, etc

I know in time it will build up more w developments in the area ,and as the East Valley becomes more and more populated. The building should move west valley
There is Super Target about a mile away, Walmart maybe 2-3, a gym about 1 mile or 2, SamsClub, 5 miles, Frys (food) 1-2 miles, Safeway 3 miles, and just about anything else you can imagine within 5-10 miles - no traffic jams. Really you won't hurt for shopping. The nearest mall is a ways away, but plans are still on the table to build one about 3 or 4 miles from there. Goodyear is going to be the fastest growing city in the state in a couple years.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneylightning View Post
I think an hour is a little long. Certainly outside of rush hour. There are back ways that are faster than the freeway too. I worked near downtown and never used the freeway to get there. I get downtown in 30 minutes or so outside of rush. Once you hit I10 it is 70-75 mph all the way. I am at the airport in less than 40. The hockey arena/Westgate watering holes is 25-30 minutes including parking (but not walking in). The Hockey arena is not downtown but at an entertainment complex called Westgate in Glendale. It isn't that bad really. Years ago when I moved here, there was nothing in either Estrella or Goodyear at all. Today, there is every manner of shopping and eating within 20 minutes or so. We are even getting medical offices in the community in a few weeks! And a McDonalds later. Civilization is upon us. I am thinking of moving.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
There is Super Target about a mile away, Walmart maybe 2-3, a gym about 1 mile or 2, SamsClub, 5 miles, Frys (food) 1-2 miles, Safeway 3 miles, and just about anything else you can imagine within 5-10 miles - no traffic jams. Really you won't hurt for shopping. The nearest mall is a ways away, but plans are still on the table to build one about 3 or 4 miles from there. Goodyear is going to be the fastest growing city in the state in a couple years.
Thanks for the info. I like the sounds of it. I like the fact of a growing area which will enable me to open a business and grow w the town. My plans are to open a Barbershop/salon as I've
Been cutting hair now for 7 yrs in Ma and want to move West and open a shop there w the beautiful weather

Old 06-13-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I like the sounds of it. I like the fact of a growing area which will enable me to open a business and grow w the town. My plans are to open a Barbershop/salon as I've
Been cutting hair now for 7 yrs in Ma and want to move West and open a shop there w the beautiful weather
There is a little "streetscape" mall about a mile or two away where the Super Target is that might be a good place for that if you can hang on while the area grows. The have a dentist there and a bank and a couple other stores. It's been tough because of the recession but homes are going up very quickly again now. There is a Great Clips in Estrella too, but I think that a more upscale place with other services would go over well here.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
There is a little "streetscape" mall about a mile or two away where the Super Target is that might be a good place for that if you can hang on while the area grows. The have a dentist there and a bank and a couple other stores. It's been tough because of the recession but homes are going up very quickly again now. There is a Great Clips in Estrella too, but I think that a more upscale place with other services would go over well here.
Thank you. That's good to know

Old 06-13-2013, 06:02 PM

269 posts, read 536,385 times
Quote:
I think an hour is a little long. Certainly outside of rush hour.
Correct. It's not an hour. It's 10 mins from the start of EMR (Estrella Pkwy & Elliot) down to I10. If you are going to downtown, you are getting off the 10 before the tunnel. If it takes more than 30 mins on the 10, that means there is an accident. I get to the airport in half hour without traffic and that's quite a bit from downtown. I've only made the trip a few times in rush hour and it wasn't that bad until the tunnel. You have 3-4 lanes all the way in. Depending on parking and exact time of day, I'd say 45 mins in the car max. I just checked on Google maps and it says from EMR to 7th Ave & Washington is 27 miles and 33 mins in current traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area