Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 01:14 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,228,199 times

Advertisements

You already know mistakenly purchasing the military discount tickets wasn't the right thing to do so I won't comment on that. Getting a refund and getting it all sorted out at the ticket counter is probably going to be a major pain in the butt and for that reason I'd say just use the things and don't do it again. I've been to lots of games and never had my ID checked unless I was picking up will-call tickets.

I've dealt with the people at the ticket window at Chase Filed and since the tickets were purchased from ticketmaster it was a pain in the butt and they couldn't or didn't want to help me with my problem. I certainly would never do that on purpose but they are going to make it so hard to correct the problem that I would not expect anyone to spend the time or hassle to correct a harmless mistake like this.

To make yourself feel better, assuming the game isn't a sellout (which I don't think is an issue at a D'backs game) you could simply purchase another full price ticket (and don't use it) and that would cover the discount you got.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times
If as you say you purchased the discounted tickets unintentionally, I don't see any ethical issue here. Show up and see what happens. If for some reason, they give you a hassle about paying the additional cost, don't put up a fight. However, if nobody mentions it on gameday, I would consider it a great time for the "don't ask, don't tell" approach.

I personally wouldn't be concerned about the ethics or morality issues anyway. I fail to see the moral righteousness of charging people different prices based on what they do for a living anyway. There is no draft and joining the military is completely voluntary. A person could have joined up and served a few years in an office building somewhere in the United States completely out of harms way. Why should that entitle them to a lifetime of discounts on goods and services?

Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM

289 posts, read 750,996 times
I'm no minister, but here is what I would do.

Post on Craigslist for free tickets to the game. The caveat being that at least one person has to show up in uniform.

Pay it forward and sleep well at night.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:24 PM

278 posts, read 435,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
To make yourself feel better, assuming the game isn't a sellout (which I don't think is an issue at a D'backs game) you could simply purchase another full price ticket (and don't use it) and that would cover the discount you got.
This is an excellent idea - one I was already considering doing. Thanks!

Old 07-08-2013, 02:33 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,092,300 times
A couple of things come to mind.....

* Give the tickets to a Vet and buy some more for you.

* Make a nice donation to a reputable charity that helps Vets.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:36 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,092,300 times
.....and I'm kinda partial to Arriba's.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:57 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,811,268 times
You could contact one of the local VFW's and donate the tixs to a couple vets there. That would be the "ethical" thing to do.

Page Title

Old 07-08-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
You're assuming I care about the ethics - I just put that so some would know it is an ethical question to some.

I love self righteous people who judge others, but probably would have no problem doing the same thing.

Ticketmaster sold me the tickets, with no warning about having to show an id to buy the tickets. I did not know they were military only tickets - but apparently they're not too concerned. After I bought them is when I saw on the receipt that they were military only.

When buying things, you see a low price - you go for it.

You're also assuming that I won't right the wrong. But you know - with there being thousands of tickets left for sale at the Diamondbacks game - I don't think me buying a ticket for any price is going to help them that much.
It doesn't look like you post much so just wanted to tell you not to let a few people who always have to post jabs at others drive you away from an otherwise good forum. Lots of good info and people in here as long as you can ignore the few that like to post nothing but criticism of others.

The ticket window at Chase Field does not want to fix issues with tickets purchased at ticketmaster. I tried to get something fixed once which should have been very easy and took 30 seconds and would have resulted in more revenue for them and they were not in the least bit interested in doing it because it was with ticketmaster. They acted like there were going to have to get the owner of the D'backs down to the ticket booth to get it done. I think you're going to find it is too much hassle to try and fix this simple honest mistake.

If you have the tickets in hand and don't have to pick them up from will-call then just take it as a lesson learned and use them and don't do it again. As far as giving them to a veteran, there are enough other ways for veterans to get low cost tickets so I don't think you need to take the financial hit personally just to correct an honest mistake. I'm a 26 year Navy veteran and have access to several places to get discounted tickets.

However you decide to handle it I hope you enjoy the game and Arizona. Make sure you stay out of the sun and stay hydrated as I'm sure you're aware this isn't the best time to be vacationing in Arizona.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:56 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,485,099 times
You can't donate your tickets because you have to show your credit card at the turnstile.

If you buy a military/first responders ticket from the ticket window they ask for I.D. When I've done it online I have never been "carded" while at the turnstile. They don't know you purchased the veteran tickets. They just swipe your credit card and give you your tickets.

I like the carne asada tacos at America's taco shop, the civeche at Los Reyas de la Torta is awesome, heard good things about Carolina's..have never been. There has to be a couple decent places in Sedona. You could check Yelp or ask the forum.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
You can't donate your tickets because you have to show your credit card at the turnstile.
The people at the turnstile don't have time to check everyone's credit card and what would they be checking it for as the person with the ticket may not have purchased the ticket. I've never been checked for anything other than my ticket while entering the ballpark.

Are you talking about the will-call ticket booth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area