Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 08:24 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmomo77 View Post
My husband and I have decided to move to AZ for a yr. my intention was to renew my tags in AZ if we stayed longer than a year. So my intention was never to get around paying my fair share! After venting my frustration to my family in AZ. They explained KINDLY that u are required to register within 30 days. So thank u for all your comments !
So you planned on keeping your tags for a year but weren't intending on not paying your fair share? How did you plan on paying your fair share if you kept your tags?

The people here weren't kind because your first post was asking if you had to register your car since your Ohio registration was for 2 years. That sure sounds like trying to get around the law to me.

When I moved to Arizona from Ohio all of the people were very nice and helpful, but I never asked that kind of question. I moved. I registered my car. It never entered my mind to do otherwise.

Last edited by observer53; 08-30-2013 at 02:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 10:42 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,646,455 times
Don't let keyboard cowboys dissuade you from enjoying your time here. It took me 4 years to move here. It took that long to sell the house in Oregon and in that time, I did a lot of research mostly on this forum. Some of the people on this forum are a little abrupt at times but their information is accurate and invaluable.
I've been here over two years now and I have found the people here in the Phoenix area to be very kind and helpful.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:43 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
I know what thread was trying to say about tags. This is not home and one does not know if you are going to stay. Well Heck I have been trying to escape Arizona for 3 years now. This state some how keeps one here like or not!

My wife and I were very lucky and it was part of her relocation package from Florida. But in your shoes we would liked to keep them a tad longer at least for the first 90 days to see if everything went to plan.

Arizona does have a aggressive (Overly) enforcement on out of state tags. If the Impact fees ,inspections and finally the cost of the tag was not so high they just may find people going with it.
Its allabout collecting fees and fines!
Hope that did not scare you too bad!

Its a loop hole, but if you still have a home in X State you can pass this off as a temporally or call this winter home. Or a Temporary work assignment. I ponder the ways to get my Florida DL and Tag every day just to be a rebel.

Frankly I do not seethe money for highways fund being spent on roads. But then again I am not the best friend of this challenging State. There is all ways one more fee here.

I am sick of it!

Old 08-28-2013, 12:26 PM

11 posts, read 15,580 times
Thanks for that link Zero. Now y'all quit fighting. :P

Old 08-30-2013, 11:55 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
[orphaned]

if/when you move out - update your tags .... it's easy

if you're one of those that needs the threat of punishment to do the right thing, note that the fines are very severe

I've never understood the attitude that you can't address one issue because there is an even larger issue - like it's impossible to do both

If anything in this case, owning up and not looking to skirt the responsibilities with citizenship here helps provide resources to fight some of those other problems

However, I'm sure that spending 30 seconds to inform someone that they shouldn't cheat their way into the state in respect to registration removes that person from focusing on anything else in their lives ........... it's an all consuming matter /sarcasm

Last edited by observer53; 08-30-2013 at 02:54 PM..

Old 08-30-2013, 01:35 PM

157 posts, read 356,636 times
kmomo77, I went through the same crossfire when I posted my experience with getting a ticket for not registering my car within 10 days. I was 2 months over and the cops gave it to me sideways and up and down. Ended up costing around 600 in fines and my insurance doubled my rates because of the ticket. I thought they only jacked your rates for moving violations, but nope, got pounded there too. My best advice, don't take the chance and just register your car and get licensed here if you plan on staying. Here is the thread of my little welcoming into this state:
5 traffic violations!

Old 08-30-2013, 02:26 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Reedus - are you really complaining?

You were caught with 5 violations - including a moving violation

By your own account 3 of those were dismissed. The moving violation stuck and driving with an out of state plate stuck and that fine was $300 - not $600
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area