Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Phoenix be the number 1 city in job growth 2014?
Yes 1 8.33%
no 11 91.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 03:51 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,947,978 times

Advertisements

WOW Phoenix is number 1 for retail biz space

If they want space then jobs cannot be far behind

Phoenix leads U.S. in demand for retail space

Phoenix leads U.S in retail space demand growth « Rose Law Group Reporter - Your Source for News That Matters to Arizona Rose Law Group Reporter - Your Source for News That Matters to Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 04:40 PM

39 posts, read 46,516 times
This is great news considering my girlfriend works in retail management and we are about to move to PHX.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,323,563 times
What difference does it make if the jobs pay $10 an hour? Even large department stores have very few management positions. The vast majority of retail jobs don't pay enough for person to live on. They are positions only suitable for people who have some alternative means of support.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:31 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,701,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
WOW Phoenix is number 1 for retail biz space

If they want space then jobs cannot be far behind

Phoenix leads U.S. in demand for retail space

Phoenix leads U.S in retail space demand growth « Rose Law Group Reporter - Your Source for News That Matters to Arizona Rose Law Group Reporter - Your Source for News That Matters to Arizona
retail space demand growth... where? Everywhere I drive has "space available" signs for retail. If there is a demand, they need to come to the east side.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:50 AM

1,551 posts, read 3,646,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
retail space demand growth... where? Everywhere I drive has "space available" signs for retail. If there is a demand, they need to come to the east side.
I was kinda thinkin' the same thing. Close to where I'm at, there are entire strip malls with not a thing in them.
Not only that, there are entire office complexes with none or perhaps one doctor or dentist in them.
I'm out in the "far east" side of town though. Roughly, Brown and Ellsworth near the 202 and the 60.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:57 AM

2,282 posts, read 3,081,120 times
Retail space was wildly overbuilt during the 90's and the 2000's pre-recession. There will still be empty existing space for some time, especially since economic factors have changed and people are doing more on-line shopping than they used to. The increase in new space is going to happen in areas that are experiencing the most growth in new rooftops, i.e. places like SE Gilbert, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley, north Peoria, Surprise, and I-10 West area.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:52 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,947,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post

Quote:
In metro Phoenix, empty big-box sites, occupied by retailers before the real-estate crash, began to fill up again last year with alternative users such as schools and churches and also with other retailers. Burlington Coat Factory, Walmart Neighborhood Market and Ross used several of the spots.
It is a good thing that empty retail spaces are now being filled with alternative users,nothing brings down an area faster than abandoned retail centers,

Old 12-05-2013, 07:54 AM

2,282 posts, read 3,081,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
It is a good thing that empty retail spaces are now being filled with alternative users,nothing brings down an area faster than abandoned retail centers,
Agree, but too bad schools and churches don't bring in sales tax revenue. They don't help the local governments pay for infrastructure and services.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:04 AM

537 posts, read 1,545,944 times
I have been watching some activity going on around the recently remodeled and then closed Sam's Club at 20th. St. and Indian School. A new sign has been put up on the side facing Indian School that reads..Leslie's Pool Supplies. Would this be a warehouse? Can you imagine how much chlorine and acid that place would hold? I would say that there's enough empty business space to last another decade or more. I am very pleased with the development along Osborn Rd. from 7th. St. to 24th. St. with the Bink's and Taco Guild type small restaurants around the Phoenix Country Club.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:25 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,689,196 times
This area grows vacant commercial space like weeds. Everywhere you go, it's space available. I have been passing the same "available" properties for five years. Someone built it, and nobody came.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area