Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 09:11 AM

77 posts, read 112,596 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hox-ni8geIw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 10:32 AM

8 posts, read 13,689 times
I called AZ Republic at the number on the coupon junk back page - 602-444-1000 - I went option 7 and then option 2 and option 3.

I ended up talking to a human, told her I wanted to opt out of receiving the Buyers Edge junk mail in my mailbox, and she asked for my name. I declined to provide my name as the mail is addressed to "Resident, 123 Main St etc etc". She argued slightly but then just went with "Resident" and I provided the address as it appears on the back upper right page of the Buyers Edge mailer.

She said she would send over the request. So, it does appear that there is a way to request opt out. We'll see if it works. I also opted out of Red Plum online.

Last edited by sarahw97; 01-15-2015 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: error correct

Old 05-13-2016, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,793 times
Default Unsubscribe from Buyer's Edge

I just found this and am about to e-mail them... hope it works. Hooray for reducing all this extra, unwanted paper and wasted resources.

Request information from Republic Media -*Republic Media

BUYER'S EDGE:
To unsubscribe from Buyer’s Edge, email buyersedge@republicmedia.com

Old 05-13-2016, 01:55 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Dear anonymous residents:

Junk mail we will always have with us.

Sincerely,

Junk Mail Distributors

Old 10-28-2016, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 9,294 times
I called them several times to ask them to stop, they say they but the don't; they are violating AZ Law but you need to sue them. No other way for them to take you seriously. collect as many of those editorials as you can, they are liable for $10 per editorial, and your lawyer's fees.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:34 PM

2 posts, read 9,294 times
Default Arizoa Republic Spam Mail Buyer's Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Have you tried calling and asking them? Is your name even on those (I haven't looked that closely at the outside, sometimes I look to see what's in there, sometimes I don't) ? I think they just have the postal carrier put one in everyone's box. If that's the case, there's no way to get off the list.

Yes. I am calling them right now. I have been on hold for a while...on unsubscribe option it says the hold is 45 minutes, so I try option #2. 30 min so far..

Old 11-01-2016, 10:29 AM

595 posts, read 1,255,516 times
Default Give them to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomenon View Post
At least once a week I receive a stack of coupons for fast-food restaurants (which I never visit) and supermarket flyers from the Arizona Republic. It goes straight into the trash but I feel guilty about the waste of paper! How many trees in the Amazon rainforest were cut down to print that junk lol.

Does anybody else receive this junk mail and how do I unsubscribe from their mailing list?
Thanks.

My landlord tosses them and won't let me read them. I'd look at them and recycle after, LOL.

The only was I know to stop getting them is to subscribe to the paper.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:33 PM

221 posts, read 192,671 times
Neighbor does away with unsolicited legal envelope mail by using a magic marker and writing RTS through their address. Return to sender appears to work as nothing reappears in the mailbox.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:55 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
E-mailing them worked for me.

Also, there are ways to get off of mailing lists. It takes a little effort but if you do so, you can nearly eliminate all junk mail. I rarely get junk mail now.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,175 times
How to opt out of Buyer's Edge that is sent to your mailbox. I found the number to call at the top left of the buyer's edge. It reads "For advertising or additional information contact 602-444-8831. Listen to the recording and it will tell you that you can opt out of the mailing by giving them your name and address. Be sure to repeat it and spell out your address clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area