Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 04:42 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I love those hot nights. So nice to sit outside after dark in the warmth!
I did, too. It felt like the air was hugging me. But I miss an ocean breeze and open windows at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 05:16 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I love those hot nights. So nice to sit outside after dark in the warmth!
I love them too. Nothing like a night swim.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:16 PM

14 posts, read 13,161 times
WoW you guys thanks soo much for your responses, I appreciate the honesty. Looking up the Vegan eateries now! Excited to find a new fave.
Hah yeah you didn't scare me at all, I've lived in Oklahoma it was very hot in the summer but I'm sure AZ is beyond that(being that it's the desert). I remember last time I was there it was 75 degrees and I still got a tan, I can only imagine the dead of summer heat waves. I'll put up with the heat if it means no more zero below temps. I can always vacation elsewhere in the summertime.

Well of course I'm planning a trip back out there prior to relocating completely..this month actually. I have interviews and appointments to view potential apartments lined up. I'll drive around and if I don't like the area I'll look elsewhere. So wish me Luck!

I'm going with the flow as I continue to do lots of research hence to me saying it's overwhelming, but I'm enjoying it. That's how I stumbled across this forum by researching, I'm just interested in other peoples opinions on the topics because I'm focusing on making this a successful move. The more you know. I'm not in any way forcing it or 'running from problems here' I love CHICAGO there's no place like it in the Spring/Summertime. If it doesn't pan out before January then I'll wait a bit. I'm putting my energy into it now and I'll see what happens in due time.

I've moved and lived in other cities SoLo so I'm ok with not knowing anyone initially. I have three long term bff's so I'm not looking to get my 'friend count' up I'll only surround myself with positive energy anyway so quality over quantity is key. It'll be nice just to have a dinner, spa day, running, concert or movie buddy there. I'm very personable and easy going, so that shouldn't be a problem. My sole purpose for choosing AriZona, besides escaping the winter is my conscious choice of voluntarily simplicity. I feel a change from the Go Go Go that is ChicaGo will do me good. Becoming a Natural Vegan two yrs ago was the best thing I've ever done for me, all I've ever wanted to be is who I am becoming so why not do that in a beautiful place surrounded by beautiful Nature?!
Haha I will not retire In the concrete city!

Thanks again Guys!

Old 10-02-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I think you can find some of the answers to your questions by doing searches in the forums so you can at least narrow down your options in where you want to live in general.

As for vegan options, we find Phoenix very Vegan friendly with lots of vegan restaurants and options just about everywhere. Tucson has a few good one's also. Even the pizza chain NYPD Pizza in the Phoenix metro has a vegan pizza.

Not sure if you've searched this site for vegan places to eat but we've found it very useful. I set it up for Phoenix for you though you can type in a city in AZ or in the nation for that matter.

Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurants, Healthy, Organic, Phoenix, Arizona, AZ -Page1

And here's a thread already on the Phoenix forum about vegan eating:

Best places for vegetarian/vegan diners?

Search away and good luck.
Thanks for the advice and threads! Still learning how to maneuver through this forum.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:48 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Ha! I didn't mean to scare her. I based that on my phone (and I live in the heat island), rather than official stats. I hereby retract that statement.
You scared me and I've lived here for many years!

Old 10-02-2014, 08:56 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaLiving View Post
Hi!
I fell in love with North Chicago in my mid twenties I've lived here almost three yrs
Which part of North Chicago did you fall in love with? The truck stops along the 41? Drunken sailors? The picturesque Quonset huts? The only people who could possibly love that dump are lot lizards.

If you fell in love with North Chicago, try moving close to Luke AFB for a familiar environment. It's not quite as ugly as North Chicago, but give it a chance. There are also plenty of truck stops within a convenient distance too, right along I-10.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:58 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaLiving View Post
Thanks for the advice and threads! Still learning how to maneuver through this forum.
Sure, no worries.

Best of luck researching and we'll await your future questions!

Old 10-02-2014, 10:39 PM

545 posts, read 1,485,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Which part of North Chicago did you fall in love with? The truck stops along the 41? Drunken sailors? The picturesque Quonset huts? The only people who could possibly love that dump are lot lizards.

If you fell in love with North Chicago, try moving close to Luke AFB for a familiar environment. It's not quite as ugly as North Chicago, but give it a chance. There are also plenty of truck stops within a convenient distance too, right along I-10.
Thanks for the good laugh! I used to work in Waukegan before relocating to the valley, so I know the area well!

OP, not sure if you meant North Chicago or the north side of Chicago, but rest assured that it's a lot different here either way. I would second spending some extended time. Phoenix isn't for everyone, but you'll know pretty quickly if it is or not if you spend some time here not when you're not on vacation. For me there are some things I miss about Chicago (the lake shore, local restaurants, fall) and many things I don't ($8000 property taxes, high gas prices, rampant government corruption). Phoenix is by no means a small town, especially area wise, but it still feels quite a bit smaller than Chicago to me. I don't mind it but I know some need that big city feel. Phoenix doesn't have it. That being said, If you like the outdoors there's no comparison. It's night and day compared to Chicago. Good luck and keep us posted on your decision!

Old 10-02-2014, 11:30 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
OP, you may be lost. I think you want San Diego.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
OP, you may be lost. I think you want San Diego.
I was actually considering San Diego before I chose AZ but I've never been, wouldn't mind vacationing there though! I hear it's very beautiful as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area