Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:50 PM

240 posts, read 838,532 times

Advertisements

Not a battle about whether HOAs are good or bad please! Not a battle about what
neighborhood is good or bad either. Just the name of the HOA and its amenities. Thanks.

Dobson Ranch - information available as of the date of this post...

Dobson Ranch at $39.75 per month which includes maintenance and amenities
(sub-associations have their own fees and amenities in addition to the Dobson Ranch fees)

3 Recreation Centers, 4 Swimming Pools (2 of which are Junior Olympic), Kiddie Splash Pad
Community Garden, Rose Garden, Laguna Park, Other Common Areas and Lake Access Points
Playground Equipment, Outside Exercise Equipment, Picnic Areas with Grills and Tables

2 Racquetball, 2 Pickelball, 1 Sand Volleyball, 2 Basketball, and 10 Tennis Courts
8 Community Lakes, 2 Water Fountains, Bi-annual Ranch-wide Garage Sale
Built around the lakes, Dobson Ranch Golf Course, Mesa Library, Fire/Police Stations
Tai Chi, Yoga, Dance, Pilates, Zumba, Water Aerobics, and Tennis Programs/Classes

Halloween Event, Easter Eggstravaganza, Fall Festival, Winter Wonderland
Pancake Breakfast, Lighted Holiday Boat Parade, Kids Campus, Preschool

Underground Utility Lines, Rainwater Harvesting, Monthly Newspaper
Lakeside Paths with Benches, Fishing, Boating, Boat Ramp and Docks
And guess where the Tempe Town Lake kayakers went when the dam burst

Star Gazing, Movies in the Park, Dog Park Events
Poker Tournament, Bridge, Texas Hold'em, Bunco
Crafting, Painting, Ballet, Fitness in the Park
One-time classes like Guitar, Wall Paint, Coupons
Great location with highway access to both 60 and 101

Meeting Rooms, 1 with/without Kitchen Rental, Table and Chair Rental, Boat Slip Rental
Sno-Cone Machine Rental, Party Trailer Rental, Pontoon Boat Rental, Discounted Tickets

Budget and Finance Committee, Beautification Committee, Water Management Committee
Women's Club, Garden Club, Yacht Club, Retirees Club, Swimming Team, Tennis Club

And the clubs have their own events above and beyond those listed above including
luncheons, dinners, classes, holiday events, movies, day trips, hiking, and so forth

Next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 02:20 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,059,356 times
Estrella Mountain Ranch in Goodyear - $84 per month

Starpoint Resident's Club, which includes a water park with 2 slides, 25-meter heated lap pool, fitness center, cafe, meeting rooms to rent for parties, library, baby-sitting center, youth room with billiards. In addition, there are classes and clubs available such as scrapbooking, camera club, book club, fishing derby, crafts, bunco, karate, yoga, balet, zumba, trivia night, movie night, etc. There are also several summer camps availalbe at an extra charge - jazz dance, theater, cake decorating, paint, clay and painting, writer's workshop, etc.

Estrella Yacht club, which gives you acess to two private lakes which total 72 acres. Non-motorized boats are available for residents. Both lakes are stocked for catch and release fishing.

Numerous parks and play areas within residential areas. Tennis courts, picnic, and BBQ ramadas. There are also 3 miles of paved walkways surrounding the lakes and more than 16 miles of trails throughout the area.

There is also an 18 hole championship golf course in the community.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:01 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,784,370 times
Dura, thank you for starting this thread. This will certainly help people new to the area learn what amenities are offered by various communities.

I have helped several clients buy homes in Dobson Ranch, and I like the area. While there are those who prefer newer homes, there are others who prefer the charm of the 70's homes. Every buyer has different criteria.

While I speak of Val Vista Lakes a lot, because I live and specialize in that community, I actually work Fountain Hills, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Mesa and Gilbert; and while I was aware of the Dobson Ranch amenities, I am not aware of amenities in every community.

Also, I don't push clients to one community over another. They make the choice and I provide the information. This thread will be valuable to everyone.

Thanks again.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:02 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,068,367 times
and now for something completely different.....

how about $2,400/month HOA dues for the penthouse at the Scottsdale Waterfront!!??.....

HOAs and Waterfront Property Homes for Sale | Phoenix Arizona Waterfront Homes

there are a bazillion HOAs in the valley.....rates/amenities vary a lot and serious lookers should do their own research, of course.....

Last edited by azdr0710; 06-28-2011 at 04:15 PM..

Old 06-28-2011, 04:07 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,519,521 times
Thanks for starting this thread. I've been trying to find the costs of the different HOAs, but in the MLS listings it always says to check with the agent. I don't want to go bugging a jillion agents (especailly calling long distance) just to find out whether or not the HOA fees are in my budget, so this thread will help a lot if people post theirs!

Old 06-28-2011, 05:24 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,784,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnp View Post
Thanks for starting this thread. I've been trying to find the costs of the different HOAs, but in the MLS listings it always says to check with the agent. I don't want to go bugging a jillion agents (especailly calling long distance) just to find out whether or not the HOA fees are in my budget, so this thread will help a lot if people post theirs!
Some agents put the HOA fee on the mls sheet. However, many times they just copy outdated information from another, older, mls listing. And many times there are sub communities with additional fees.

The buyers agent you're working with should get the info for you when you find a home in a community you're interested in.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:34 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,519,521 times
I don't have an agent yet, because I'm not quite ready to move yet. I don't even know where I'm going to move. Before I get an agent, I want to have some good ideas about where I want to live, so that I don't waste a lot of his/her time. And where I want to live depends on what's in my price range when I'm ready to move. And what's in my price range depends a lot on how much the HOA fees are along with the price of the home. HOA fees will have some impact on where I can afford to buy, so the more I know now, the better decision I can make. I don't want to get interested in a house first and then find out the HOA is way out of budget. I'm constantly checking listing sites to see what's available and where, in my price range.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:10 PM

475 posts, read 815,343 times
Moderator cut: off topic

Tromonto 49 bucks a month..a couple of pools and some other stuff that I haven't figured out yet.

Last edited by Kimballette; 06-29-2011 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-29-2011, 05:20 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,754,176 times
Vistancia Village (family side) runs around $86 a month and includes 4 swimming pools, one with a waterslide fit for a resort, an indoor basketball court, club houses, tennis courts, lit walking trail, many, many different clubs and activities and more.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:44 PM

29 posts, read 68,873 times
Amazing. My 760sqft 2nd/1ba condo that I sold last year had a monthly common fee of $260. No garage, no pool, no tennis, no gym, no sewer, no water, no security, no...........anything! Lol.

Outstanding thread, by the way!

Last edited by Corso; 06-29-2011 at 08:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area