Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 05:53 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,603,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I had an evap cooler on my patio for years. It worked very well. It added a blush of redneck as well, which I enjoyed.
I would be all over the Evap method for my patio except, I already have a portable a/c sitting around (I didn't have central ac at my last place in San Diego). Between the Sun Shade I added this afternoon, the portable A/C and a couple more small touches, I think I can make my patio comfortable for this upcoming summer. At least take the edge off enough to be out there long enough to smoke a cig without sweating. I still don't know if I want to swing a house in Maricopa just yet this August. If so I put some effort in for half of summer at least LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 05:54 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,603,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
We have them in every single room...well...not the bathrooms...but other than that, yes.
Do the evaps not need to vent? Omg OP sorry for the thread jack.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:13 AM

39,138 posts, read 51,432,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Do the evaps not need to vent? Omg OP sorry for the thread jack.
Yes, they pump air into the house and it has to go out. The best way to do that is with Up Dux, a product that installs in the ceiling and vents out that way, so windows can stay closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area