Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 06:52 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,654,639 times

Advertisements

I had the pleasure of attending the Coronado district's home tour today and all I can say is WOW! There were some real charmers and some of the recent renovations/additions really blew me away. I always thought of it as a rough around the edges neighborhood where only the real "urban pioneer" would feel at home during this stage of its gentrification. I think I was completely wrong. There was a real sense of community and I would dare to say that the well-preserved, cared for homes far outnumbered those that needed TLC. The people there were so friendly and welcoming. It was like stepping back in time.

Did anyone else get a chance to go to the home tour? Anyone have opinions on the neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 07:50 PM

2,789 posts, read 7,457,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I had the pleasure of attending the Coronado district's home tour today and all I can say is WOW! There were some real charmers and some of the recent renovations/additions really blew me away. I always thought of it as a rough around the edges neighborhood where only the real "urban pioneer" would feel at home during this stage of its gentrification. I think I was completely wrong. There was a real sense of community and I would dare to say that the well-preserved, cared for homes far outnumbered those that needed TLC. The people there were so friendly and welcoming. It was like stepping back in time.

Did anyone else get a chance to go to the home tour? Anyone have opinions on the neighborhood?
I went on the home tour a few years ago. Since then, I've had the chance to bicycle through the neighborhood several times. It seems to be getting better all the time.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:27 PM

6,406 posts, read 8,994,443 times
Explored the area once. I was told the homes were hit and miss. One home freaked me out as the yard was filled, I mean filled, with pigeons and their porch was covered in dropping. I wonder if the home was vacant. The area is fine. Perhaps it suffers a bit from the downtown paranoia some seem to have here.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:46 AM

Here's one of the houses on the tour that happens to be for sale. This wasn't a typical flip. They put a lot of detail and cool touches into this. https://www.redfin.com/AZ/Phoenix/22.../home/26923874

Old 03-02-2015, 09:16 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,958,770 times
Who organizes the tours, I would be interested in checking them out?

Old 03-02-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Who organizes the tours, I would be interested in checking them out?
This one was put on by the community organization. Sorry, I can't remember their exact name.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:13 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,747,420 times
The Encanto Palmcroft tour is coming up March 29. Among the other ones you might want to see are FQ Story, Roosevelt and Willo.

February Willo Home Tour | Willo Historic District

March 2015 Carnival de Coronado Home Tour | CNA | Coronado Neighborhood Association

March (odd numbered years) Home Tour | Encanto-Palmcroft Historic Preservation Association | Phoenix, Arizona

November Roosevelt Neighborhood | Phoenix's Historic Roosevelt Neighborhood

December F. Q. Story Historic District | Unique Homes in Downtown Phoenix

Old 03-02-2015, 06:50 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,275,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
I like all of these districts you listed. My personal favorites are Palmcroft, Encanto, and Willo. Coronado is a little more hit & miss, but there are some really nice structures that have been revitalized and/or preserved very well. All of the historic districts near downtown have lots of green lawns, mature shade trees, and vintage storybook type of homes which Phoenix isn't really known for.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:06 AM

19 posts, read 49,589 times
Wow that house is very expensive. While historic districts have some charming homes, I think those homes are very overpriced.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PallasAthena_79 View Post
Wow that house is very expensive. While historic districts have some charming homes, I think those homes are very overpriced.
I guess it's all relative. I thought $435k for a completely redone house with all the bells and whistles and some historic charm seemed like a solid deal. That's coming from a lack of knowledge on Coronado's market though. What makes you say it's overpriced?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area