Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:23 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times

Advertisements

If you look at comps in the area and those prices are in line, then they are not overpriced. Limited supply, good demand. I'd live in those areas if I was not pretty entrenched where I am, and could find the right house. They are out of budget for a lot of people, but that doesn't make them overpriced. For those who are looking for some green, and trees, and a house that doesn't look a lot like every other house around it, and prefer the home styles there to the the ranch style "railroad car" homes in the north central area, the historic districts are the place to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 09:31 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Here's one of the houses on the tour that happens to be for sale. This wasn't a typical flip. They put a lot of detail and cool touches into this. https://www.redfin.com/AZ/Phoenix/22.../home/26923874

That house is gorgeous!

Old 03-03-2015, 04:52 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
For those who are interested in architecture and/or house tours, April 10-19 is Modern Phoenix week in Phoenix and Scottsdale. A whole week's worth of activities. It's the 11th year of the home tour sponsored by the Modern Phoenix Neighborhood Network but that's sold out already. Tickets are still available, however, for auxiliary events including "The Ultimate Tour of the Hotel Valley Ho" and several lectures, including one on how to raise funds for building restoration.

Phoenix is arguably home to the nation's largest extant collection of Mid-Century Modern architecture and the Modern Phoenix group is the epicenter of education on that subject as well as a source of assistance to people saving the MCM ranch homes of the metro.

Modern Phoenix Week 2015 | Modern Phoenix Home Tour | SMoCA

Old 03-03-2015, 04:55 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I guess it's all relative. I thought $435k for a completely redone house with all the bells and whistles and some historic charm seemed like a solid deal. That's coming from a lack of knowledge on Coronado's market though. What makes you say it's overpriced?
I don't think it's over-priced. It has an incredible amount of very expensive contemporary upgrades. The stuff you'd see in North Scottsdale, minus the historic preservation. The kitchen, baths, laundry room, even the closets have had some serious dough plowed into them.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:37 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I don't think it's over-priced. It has an incredible amount of very expensive contemporary upgrades. The stuff you'd see in North Scottsdale, minus the historic preservation. The kitchen, baths, laundry room, even the closets have had some serious dough plowed into them.
I agree. It actually looked even nicer in person which says a lot.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:46 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
For those who are interested in architecture and/or house tours, April 10-19 is Modern Phoenix week in Phoenix and Scottsdale. A whole week's worth of activities. It's the 11th year of the home tour sponsored by the Modern Phoenix Neighborhood Network but that's sold out already. Tickets are still available, however, for auxiliary events including "The Ultimate Tour of the Hotel Valley Ho" and several lectures, including one on how to raise funds for building restoration.

Phoenix is arguably home to the nation's largest extant collection of Mid-Century Modern architecture and the Modern Phoenix group is the epicenter of education on that subject as well as a source of assistance to people saving the MCM ranch homes of the metro.

Modern Phoenix Week 2015 | Modern Phoenix Home Tour | SMoCA

Modern Home Tour - SOLD OUT

Sadface
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area