Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 07:53 PM

265 posts, read 347,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
I am from Boston and love it here, I lived in Florida for 15 years before moving here because I got tired of hurricanes and humidity. The food costs here are much lower than Boston and we have many more food chains and choices here.
mmmmmm, cool !

We are not fully decided yet, but I need to get out of here by end of this year! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 04:32 PM

4 posts, read 20,158 times
1) >> not sure

2) How hot does it get and how long does it last?
>> this afternoon it's around 97'F - 100'F;
>> seems to me that triple digits temperature usually last till September;
>> Nov - Jan (3 months) are generally very nice, bit chilly after mid-night. didn't turn on my heat during these 3 months.

3) how are Car insurance prices near Chandler?
>> not sure

4) Any recommended 4 year Colleges/Universities (IT related majors)
>> ASU
>> University of Phoenix got some neg news lately, so not sure about this one.

5) How are State Taxes (housing and other taxes)?
>> Arizona State Sales Tax: 5.6%
>> AZ Local Sales Tax: Phoenix: 8.3%, Chandler/Gilbert: 7.8%, Santan Valley: 6.7% (Arizona (AZ) Sales Tax Rates by City)
>> Property tax, here is a good estimate calculator Arizona Property Tax Calculator
>> Income Tax: here is a AZ income tax calculator Arizona Income Tax Rates for 2015
Tax Bracket (Single) [2] Tax Bracket (Couple) [3] Marginal Tax Rate
$0+ $0+ 2.59%
$10,000+ $20,000+ 2.88%
$25,000+ $50,000+ 3.36%
$50,000+ $100,000+ 4.24%
$150,000+ $300,000+ 4.54%

6) Please tell me there are not potholes LOL.
>> There are some, depends where you travel. Roads are in pretty good conditions in Tempe, Ahwatukee, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert & Scottsdale.

7) What are other Chandler like cities/towns do you recommend to buy house in? I want quiet and not very expensive type of town.
>> Not sure what are your price range, but I believe price/sq ft here is much cheaper than NYC, LA, SF, Seattle or any bigger cities.
>> I prefer Scottsdale, Chandler & Gilbert.
>> Gated community if possible
>> Garage is desirable due to the hot sun & dust storms & micro-burst(sometimes carries small gravels which is bad for your vehicle & its windshield)
>> check for flood-zone, last year we had some bad flooding
>>There are many houses available in Santan Valley but not my choice due to its distance ...etc.
>> try trulia.com to check crime rate & flood info...etc. If you need a RE agent, the guy who helped me is good & quite honest

Last edited by christykwan; 03-29-2015 at 04:41 PM..

Old 03-31-2015, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 940 times
The weather from November-April is the nicest weather on the planet and makes the hot summer worth living through.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,424 times
Hi Alma Rgahi,

Moving across country is a big move and lifestyle change. I am orginally from Buffalo and lived many years in Chicago, before re-locating here 9 years ago. Every day when I see the palm trees and the beautiful cacti and mountains, as well as BLUE skies, I say "I still can't believe I live here!"

You will find most every aspect of life cheaper here than in MA (my son went to BU, by the way). Property taxes are so low here, you will think your Realtor or lender is mis-quoting you!

Chandler and Gilbert are the premier SE valley communities with driving ease into Phoenix/Scottsdale. There is a lot of tech industry in Chandler, including Intel, Microchip, Paypal, Nationstar, so I would think there is a lot of need for IT personnel. ASU in Tempe offers 4-year programs. Both Chandler and Gilbert offer homes starting below 200K. Other newer communities are Maricopa, Queen Creek and San Tan Valley. They are further out "in the boonies" but have the necessary infrastructure and lower home prices.

For crime rates, schools and everything you could possibly want to know about, here is the website:
https://www.aaronline.com/wp-content...erAdvisory.pdf

I live and work in Chandler and would be happy to help you any way I can. (I am new to this forum but 100% legit!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area