Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 09:51 PM

3 posts, read 4,117 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised here but grew up primarily in far NW valley (Deer Valley/Lake Pleasant). The hubby wants to move out of state because he misses the scenery and seasons (he's from MN & CO). We drove through Moon Valley and Arcadia and he fell in love. Leaving the state isn't an option as our whole family and children's school is here. We are looking for our "partially forever" home. We plan on living in this home for the next 20 years. Arcadia is outside of our price range. We want a safe area that is green. The hubby loved the tree lined streets on Glendale and central. I am hoping there are some areas I'm unfamiliar with. We are wanting at least a quarter acre and a lax HOA that will allow us to build a guest house in the future (not necessary but very high up on the list). We want no smaller than 2500 ft2 and no more than $475k.

We are also open to the idea of buying a lot of land and building on it... However the empty lots in central phx are far and few between.

Thank you for any input!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 09:38 AM

461 posts, read 1,306,976 times
You will get more replies if you post this in the Phoenix forum and not Tucson....

Old 04-01-2015, 11:41 AM

3 posts, read 4,117 times
Wow! Not sure how I did that. Thank you!

Old 04-01-2015, 01:06 PM

461 posts, read 1,306,976 times
Good luck to you!

Old 04-04-2015, 04:45 PM

8,020 posts, read 12,165,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes333 View Post
I was born and raised here but grew up primarily in far NW valley (Deer Valley/Lake Pleasant). The hubby wants to move out of state because he misses the scenery and seasons (he's from MN & CO). We drove through Moon Valley and Arcadia and he fell in love. Leaving the state isn't an option as our whole family and children's school is here. We are looking for our "partially forever" home. We plan on living in this home for the next 20 years. Arcadia is outside of our price range. We want a safe area that is green. The hubby loved the tree lined streets on Glendale and central. I am hoping there are some areas I'm unfamiliar with. We are wanting at least a quarter acre and a lax HOA that will allow us to build a guest house in the future (not necessary but very high up on the list). We want no smaller than 2500 ft2 and no more than $475k.

We are also open to the idea of buying a lot of land and building on it... However the empty lots in central phx are far and few between.

Thank you for any input!!!
You stated Arcadia would be out of your price range ... however, that's the one & only location in a more centralized area that has the large homes and sizeable yards that you're seeking. I haven't priced anything in Arcadia, but $400K might get you something acceptable. There are some Arcadiaesque neighborhoods north of Camelback & south of the Sunnyslope area which I'm sure you'd like ... but there again, they might be too expensive. Otherwise, there really aren't too many centralized neighborhoods containing large properties which would allow extra building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area