Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 03:59 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade007 View Post
The fact that there is almost literally no one over 18 who was born in Phoenix, and has lived their entire life in Phoenix and never lived anywhere else.
I've met quite a few!

(I have also met a lot of people from Chicago, but I've net a lot of locals well over 18)

Why is that a bad thing?

Old 09-14-2015, 04:16 PM

445 posts, read 515,689 times
Quote:
The fact that there is almost literally no one over 18 who was born in Phoenix, and has lived their entire life in Phoenix and never lived anywhere else.
I've got to disagree with this as well. I'm in my mid-30s and have lived out here about 4 1/2 years. I definitely run into more transplants here than most other cities, but almost all of my friends here are in my age group and are Phoenix natives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 09:03 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,629,273 times
Quote:
Not true at all. About 30 percent of my office is made up of Phoenix natives. Maybe it's harder to find natives in the tile roof master planned communities on the outskirts, but they are here.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:05 AM

7,182 posts, read 9,231,276 times
Quote:
Why? I don't understand why it is important to live your whole life in one place.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:21 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
The thing about the Phoenix area is that its beauty is a shock when you first move here. I came from Chicago area and just kept saying "Look at that ! and that !" From the beautiful freeways all decorated to the gleaming buildings and clean atmosphere, everywhere, it seems like a dream. I recall saying " Do you think people take this for granted after living here a while?" When I saw oranges spilling out onto the street and I had paid $4.98 for a bag in IL, I was so taken with this place. But yes, you do get tired of it after awhile. It wears off. It becomes boring. It's just the way of human nature. Seeking change and new stuff is the way of the world. I truly hate the way all the homes look similar and if I could change one thing here, it might be that. JMHO

Old 09-16-2015, 10:42 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
The thing about the Phoenix area is that its beauty is a shock when you first move here. I came from Chicago area and just kept saying "Look at that ! and that !" From the beautiful freeways all decorated to the gleaming buildings and clean atmosphere, everywhere, it seems like a dream. I recall saying " Do you think people take this for granted after living here a while?" When I saw oranges spilling out onto the street and I had paid $4.98 for a bag in IL, I was so taken with this place. But yes, you do get tired of it after awhile. It wears off. It becomes boring. It's just the way of human nature. Seeking change and new stuff is the way of the world. I truly hate the way all the homes look similar and if I could change one thing here, it might be that. JMHO
I was the same way. Enamored with the Valley when I first visited 12 years ago. I still find it beautiful, though. It never gets old to me. However, its when I visit Chicago when I think to myself "man, Phoenix really does bite the big one." If it were up to me, Id leave the Valley and move out somewhere near Gallup, NM. I just love that area of hte country.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:24 PM

6,759 posts, read 5,056,845 times
A big negative for us has been Valley Fever, which our dog contracted. They are apparently more vulnerable than humans, and it's a real bear to treat. We've been giving fluconazole tablets twice daily for almost two years, and it looks like this will continue for the rest of the dog's life.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:34 PM

386 posts, read 327,294 times
cheap , slow driving, drunk Canadians

Old 09-16-2015, 01:47 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
cheap , slow driving, drunk Canadians

Old 09-16-2015, 05:49 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
I have a ton of cousins in Phoenix, and their kids and grandkids, all born there and lived there all their lives. They range in age from newborns to 60s/70s now. Probably close to 100 people. I was born in Phoenix but, no, I didn't live my entire life there. I know a LOT of AZ natives. We just don't 'advertise' it, usually. When people ask where I'm from they are always surprised that I am a native but it's that way in plenty of places around the country. The one place I lived, where just about everyone I knew was a native, was Detroit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area