Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 11:37 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Yeah, right.

Everyone deeeeep down would take the Ferrari over the Honda, unless they really don't care for amenities, prestige, etc.
A real Ferrari yes. Your purported Ferrari? No not really. I mean it’s a fun place to go, but I don’t prefer it. I’m sure the hoarded that relocated probably think the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 12:17 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
A real Ferrari yes. Your purported Ferrari? No not really. I mean it’s a fun place to go, but I don’t prefer it. I’m sure the hoarded that relocated probably think the same.
As I said above, I suspect that has to do with "cost of ownership" and "reliability", if you catch my drift.

Most people will always prefer to film a movie with a Ferrari, rent a Ferrari, hang Ferrari art in their restaurants or homes, own a Ferrari, etc. Don't get me wrong, our fully loaded Accord we have here is very nice and perfectly fine, but... its just down on power, looks, and global recognition compared to Ferrari.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:36 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,262,172 times
Better a transplant than a local tranny.

Old 01-14-2018, 11:02 AM

46 posts, read 38,985 times
Being a recent transplant myself, the biggest give away to notice me as a transplant is that I actually know how to drive properly! I actually use my turn signal. I actually complete a full stop at stop signs. I actually check the lane next to me before moving over to it. I have never seen so many bad drivers in my life since I moved out here! LOL!

Old 01-14-2018, 11:32 AM

6,301 posts, read 4,199,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHunter View Post
Being a recent transplant myself, the biggest give away to notice me as a transplant is that I actually know how to drive properly! I actually use my turn signal. I actually complete a full stop at stop signs. I actually check the lane next to me before moving over to it. I have never seen so many bad drivers in my life since I moved out here! LOL!

Yep, some of the worst drivers compared to all the other states I've lived or visited. Very little else on the list would apply except my accent is pretty obvious.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:36 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,267,795 times
The above two posters are typical transplants, and you can tell by their rhetoric. It usually begins with statements like: "Oh yeah, we love the weather, so much better than where we came from." Then almost within the same breath, they make statements like: "Arizona has the worst drivers of any other state, they drive sooooo fast, and I'm a better drive than they are!" Gee, did they ever consider that the last statement is one of the reasons for the first?!

Old 01-14-2018, 01:39 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,660,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHunter View Post
Yea, i agree. The drivers are horrible. Maybe not HORRIBLE but they are aggressive. Once I get accustomed to their ways, I'll be the biggest A-hole driver ever!!!

Old 01-14-2018, 02:14 PM

46 posts, read 38,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
The above two posters are typical transplants, and you can tell by their rhetoric. It usually begins with statements like: "Oh yeah, we love the weather, so much better than where we came from." Then almost within the same breath, they make statements like: "Arizona has the worst drivers of any other state, they drive sooooo fast, and I'm a better drive than they are!" Gee, did they ever consider that the last statement is one of the reasons for the first?!
First, the OP said this was meant to be a light hearted thread about ways to notice a transplant. I was throwing in some light hearted rhetoric about how you can identify me as a transplant. I drive more cautiously (and invoke my defensive driving skills more often out here). Secondly, I'm not the first to notice that the drivers out here drive a bit off the rails. But, I digress into bickering, which I didn't intend to do. My overall point was that transplants are used to a different type of driving in the states they came from, a bit more cautiously, so it's easier to notice them. It just takes some getting used to when we come out here.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Yea, i agree. The drivers are horrible. Maybe not HORRIBLE but they are aggressive. Once I get accustomed to their ways, I'll be the biggest A-hole driver ever!!!
Lol

Old 01-14-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post

Oh lighten up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area