Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:19 PM

7 posts, read 42,607 times

Advertisements

We are possibly looking into buying a new home in Gilbert and we would love to hear some feedback on the area. The area code is 85236 and the major cross streets are Higley and Ray. We understand its by the Willaims airport, so if anyone lives in the neighborhood, could you please tell us about the noise levels. Anything would be of help. Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 06:29 AM

203 posts, read 810,252 times
hi i live in the gardens at ray and recker just east of ray.
no noise from the airport. sometimes military jets zoom over, but thats pretty cool

Old 02-14-2008, 09:26 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,056,189 times
Ducky Boys....Have you seen the noise level map for Williams Gateway? If not, you can view it on page 8 here:
Military and Public Airports

Be aware that they are trying to get more airline traffic. Allegiant Air has several flights now.

It is a very convenient area to shopping, freeway, restaurants...and airport!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
Default Williams Gateway Airport Traffic Pattern Map

Here is the airport traffic pattern map that you need to have as an area disclosure.
http://www.azre.gov/PUBLIC_INFO/Airport_Maps/Public_Airports/Williams_Gateway_Airport_Noise&Traffic.pdf (broken link)

You'll note that Higley and Ray are just inside the tip of the traffic pattern. The airport uses noise abatement procedures, and most of the jet and larger air traffic will come straight in when possible, and when they are in a traffic pattern on the west side of the field they will be quite high.

Since you are within 4 miles of the airport there will be some noise, but not much. It is not a busy airport, and will be some time before they become busy.

It is a convenient location because you are a couple of minutes from the 202, and there is plenty of shopping and restaurants in the area.

On the corner of Williams Field and Power there is this great Italian restaurant with excellent food and plenty of it. It's a family restaurant and the owner is there to greet you all the time. They're building their own building to move the restaurant to, so if you have a chance, go there while they're still in this old building so you can see the flavor of it, and then try them out when the move.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:02 PM

14 posts, read 68,813 times
The Ducky Boys? The band from MA or something else (the gang)?

Old 02-14-2008, 03:07 PM

106 posts, read 532,599 times
We live a bit further south on Higley and have no noise issues at all. Like someone else said you get military jets every now and again but we enjoy that and enjoy the lights of the planes far above us at night. Its pretty cool and I think the airport will be a definite plus for the area as it grows to a major airport.

I love the area. Very near the 202, tons of shopping and restaurants and it seems something new pops up everyday. I don't normally have to go very far for anything but with the 202 its quick to get pretty much anywhere. I think you'd be happy there!

Old 02-14-2008, 08:41 PM

7 posts, read 42,607 times
Default Thank You....

Im suprised you remembered the The Ducky Boys! HAHA...its from the the movie the Wanderers. We just wanted to say thanks to everyone that posted. We will be neighbors soon!

So as far as families and a low crime rate, that this is a good neighborhood?

Old 02-15-2008, 06:36 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ducky Boys View Post
Im suprised you remembered the The Ducky Boys! HAHA...its from the the movie the Wanderers. We just wanted to say thanks to everyone that posted. We will be neighbors soon!

So as far as families and a low crime rate, that this is a good neighborhood?
Gilbert in general is low crime rate. That is not to say that crime doesn't exist, because it does everywhere. But it is lower here.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,930 times
What's the name of the development on E. Ray Rd. that's close to Target? My brother-in-law lives there and it is nice.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,515 times
How are Centinial and Higley highschool? Are they safe? I have a 4th grader and an 8th grader. I am looking for a home in the area of Power Ranch, but safe, good schools are my first priority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area