Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 07:39 AM

3 posts, read 2,300 times

Advertisements

Biltmore area in Phoenix or South Scottsdale will fit what you're looking for.
the Optima/Camel View village in Scottsdale would be an ideal site especially if you're looking for a condo. Google it.
Paradise valley could work but is more comparative to a quiet small town.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 08:02 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWlthAdsr View Post
Biltmore area in Phoenix or South Scottsdale will fit what you're looking for.
the Optima/Camel View village in Scottsdale would be an ideal site especially if you're looking for a condo. Google it.
Paradise valley could work but is more comparative to a quiet small town.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions

South Scottsdale? Looking in that price range? I think you mean north (unless your definition of "north" includes condos in central and north central Scottsdale.)

Old 06-12-2016, 09:03 AM

939 posts, read 2,380,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambletrade View Post
I forgot to mention I have an electric car so need either a house with garage or a charging station. That probably leaves most the high rises out..

As for being here in the summer. I won't be around much. Spend my summers in Chicago.

edit: Does anyone know the name of the condominium complex by Fashion Square you guys keep mentioning?

Oh and I definitely have job responsibilities, just don't have enough to commute for them.
Where do you live in the summers in Chicago? Or what neighborhoods do you like? Might help in coming up with a place in PHX metro. Phoenix is not like Chicago, of course, but are you more of a Lincoln Park, Wicker Park, Gold Coast, West Loop, Pilsen, or Ukranian Village fan?

If you want a house with a little privacy and mountain views, and your budget is arbitrary, check out 5307 East Wonderview Road. It's at $1.5, which is over what you stated but I'm not sure if that was a firm range. It sits next to multimillion dollar homes. If you own property in Chicago, you will love the taxes in AZ (this home is $7,500). There's also another house on that same street that's in the $900,000 range but not quite as modern and needs a little work.

Last edited by Paige65; 06-12-2016 at 09:31 AM..

Old 06-12-2016, 09:23 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambletrade View Post
I don't mind paying for a NEMA 14-50 outlet (which is like 500-1k) but I'm assuming a charging station in a condo complex would be like 10-20k. Ya, I'm not interested in doing that. Thanks for the troll though.
I don't think it was a troll. I was wondering why the car is more important than your home. If I loved some condo that was priced right but didn't have a charging station, that car would be sold and replaced quicker than I could buy a new couch. ESPECIALLY since you can easily afford a new car.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:55 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
South Scottsdale? Looking in that price range? I think you mean north (unless your definition of "north" includes condos in central and north central Scottsdale.)
I think south Scottsdale is an accurate recommendation. Wouldn't Old Town/Downtown be included in south Scottsdale? Hell, even in the nearby south Scottsdale neighborhoods, he could by a house in his range:

https://www.redfin.com/AZ/Scottsdale.../home/27224102

Old 06-12-2016, 10:00 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
South or Central Scottsdale
Maybe Tempe Lake Front
Willo, Encanto, North Central, maybe Downtown Phoenix
Definitely Arcadia, East Camelback or Biltmore.

I'd start with these and find what fits you.

Idk if it's been addressed but the North Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, Chandler etc. advice is off target for you.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:15 AM

770 posts, read 837,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I don't think it was a troll. I was wondering why the car is more important than your home. If I loved some condo that was priced right but didn't have a charging station, that car would be sold and replaced quicker than I could buy a new couch. ESPECIALLY since you can easily afford a new car.
Because owning a Tesla is the hip new car and the newest models can have long waiting lists lol. I agree the Arcadia/Biltmore area would be where I would live if I had money. The amount of hip restaurants with great food, the perfect central location, proximity to the airport, the shopping can't be beat, plus the houses have character and are not all cookie cutter.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:16 PM

720 posts, read 734,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Who moves to Arizona to live in a high rise? When I was 25 I wanted to get the away from people have private space where I can park my car in my own garage, and have my own backyard pool party's not some community pool yuck with a bunch of little kids swimming around it in. I'm still like that today I have 5 cars and a big garage to park my toy hauler, and boat.
Kell490 the demand is quite high or they wouldn't be building them!!! Yet another open house at the Kierland Optima this Wednesday they're selling like hotcakes before the building is even up! I was considering condo too because Gambletrade said he was going to be gone for the summers so it's ideal to just lock and leave a place without having people to maintain landscaping, pool, etc. HOWEVER, I do agree with you that he will want his own pool and spa in addition to his garage so he can have his privacy!!

Last edited by smoochaz; 06-12-2016 at 12:58 PM..

Old 06-12-2016, 12:30 PM

11 posts, read 13,780 times
Thanks for the help all, lots of good information. Working with a realtor now, so I think we can wrap this up.

For the person that asked, my place in Chicago is in Old Town.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:19 AM

4 posts, read 6,248 times
Gambletrade Paradise Valley is an area which may be of interest to you. I have clients I've helped buy homes in the area. They love the location as it is conveniently located near the nightlife they enjoy. Paradise Valley has some beautiful contemporary style homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area