Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 09:58 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,883,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Del Taco has been a sinking ship for years now.
Actually, that's not true.

Del Taco beats earnings, narrows revenue forecast

Old 10-22-2016, 10:09 AM

6,406 posts, read 8,994,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona89A View Post
I'm a west coast native who appreciates retailers who offer great values, so when I observe a city banning stores presumably because they generate less tax revenue, because they offer lower cost products, I do not appreciate such policies.
I'm a Midwest native who appreciates retailers who offer great values.

Not very relevant to Del Taco, eh?

Scottsdale has more fast food than you can shake a stick at just like any other town. I'm sure if you had the cash to franchise a Del Taco you'd have no trouble opening in Scottsdale if it was your desire.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:46 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,605,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Can we please get a Taco Johns?!
Yes, YES! Now I have a craving for some Ole's !

Old 10-23-2016, 02:07 AM

218 posts, read 350,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I'm a Midwest native who appreciates retailers who offer great values.

Not very relevant to Del Taco, eh?

Scottsdale has more fast food than you can shake a stick at just like any other town. I'm sure if you had the cash to franchise a Del Taco you'd have no trouble opening in Scottsdale if it was your desire.
Not with their planning department. I think they want to keep the undesirables out, so they ban del taco and metro PCs. However, competing rich California tourist towns don't think this way, like Temecula in wine country.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:08 AM

6,406 posts, read 8,994,443 times
Quote:
Not with their planning department. I think they want to keep the undesirables out, so they ban del taco and metro PCs. However, competing rich California tourist towns don't think this way, like Temecula in wine country.
How do you account for all of the other fast food joints in Scottsdale? Some places, like In-N-Out, have a set of criteria for selecting locations. Did it ever cross your mind that Del Taco has chosen not to enter Scottsdale? Maybe they had one in the past that closed. Why would Scottsdale ban Del Taco when Taco Bell is all over?

There's not a Del Taco in Black Canyon City either but there's a hot dog stand. It's a conspiracy against Del Taco!

Old 10-23-2016, 09:23 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,616,311 times
Quote:
I think they want to keep the undesirables out, so they ban del taco
Del Taco's one of my faves, so I'm definitely one of those undesirable, riff-raff types.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:49 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,694,225 times
The stores put locations where they make sense.

There was a Whole Foods in North Scottsdale basically at Raintree and Northsight, way back when I lived up there. When the one on Mayo opened the other one was totally dead and eventually closed.

You have to consider that Scottsdale is very long and a most of it isn't that wide. People in South Scottsdale already have a Costco at 44th and Thomas. Costco isn't on every corner because they sell 18 month supplies, so people don't shop at them like Walmart and Target. And Scottsdale people already have two Whole Foods, one at Mayo and the other at Tatum and Shea along with Trader Joe's . The stores just aren't in Scottsdale. A lot of Scottsdale's population lives within a few miles or less of a border, just because of how Scottsdale is shaped and where the population is most dense.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:54 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post

There was a Whole Foods in North Scottsdale basically at Raintree and Northsight, way back when I lived up there. When the one on Mayo opened the other one was totally dead and eventually closed.

You have to consider that Scottsdale is very long and a most of it isn't that wide. People in South Scottsdale already have a Costco at 44th and Thomas. Costco isn't on every corner because they sell 18 month supplies, so people don't shop at them like Walmart and Target. And Scottsdale people already have two Whole Foods, one at Mayo and the other at Tatum and Shea along with Trader Joe's . The stores just aren't in Scottsdale. A lot of Scottsdale's population lives within a few miles or less of a border, just because of how Scottsdale is shaped and where the population is most dense.
Agreed. Like you said; it's easier to hit the Costco at Thomas and 44th St in Phoenix if you live at Thomas and Scottsdale Rd IN Scottsdale than go to the "Scottsdale" Costco way up on the 101.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:45 PM

768 posts, read 1,760,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post

From south Scottsdale - Whole Foods and Trader Joe's is more convenient in Tempe or Biltmore.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:14 AM

218 posts, read 350,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
How do you account for all of the other fast food joints in Scottsdale? Some places, like In-N-Out, have a set of criteria for selecting locations. Did it ever cross your mind that Del Taco has chosen not to enter Scottsdale? Maybe they had one in the past that closed. Why would Scottsdale ban Del Taco when Taco Bell is all over?

There's not a Del Taco in Black Canyon City either but there's a hot dog stand. It's a conspiracy against Del Taco!
Metro PCS and Del Taco serve a disproportionately number of non whites and lower income folks, compared to Verizon and Taco Bell. Same with 99 cent only stores which can be found along with a Walmart on the reservation, but not in the city limits.

How sad to observe this racism.

Send the Scottsdale city employees to California so they can learn about the real world.

Even Irvine has both del Taco and metro pcs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area