Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 09:22 AM

19,439 posts, read 27,844,220 times

Advertisements

I'm totally in agreement with DetroitN8V and Scottsdale Mark. I commuted from far east Mesa to N. Scottsdale for 3+ years. The 202 portion was a breeze, but the 101 North was a misery. In your case, there's no need to do that to yourself.

Listen to their advice. Also - expect an apartment at that budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 10:20 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times
Mosaic Apartments in Scottsdale are affordable, and close to everything. Old Town is raucous, Im not sure you'd like that area if you think Tempe is loud and obnoxious. Come Friday night, Old Town Scottsdale makes Tempe seem quiet. You get tons of college kids from Tempe, douchebags off all kinds from all over the Valley, drunken idiots everywhere, stupid bicycle bar things (whatever those are), pedal bike taxis and motorized golf carts blaring loud rap music with flashing lights, etc. Old Town is crazy on the weekends.

I recommended Mosaic because youre still in the heart of Scottsdale, close to the 101 and 10 minutes from Old Town, but its MUCH quieter over there at night.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:16 PM

5 posts, read 5,952 times
I agree with ScottsdaleMark. Desert ridge/ city north area has a bunch of restaurants, bars and shopping without the rowdy Tempe kids. Old town can get pretty rowdy on the weekends too. Maybe check out Kierland and Scottsdale quarter area as well but that'll be a little more expensive. If you only need one bedroom you shouldn't have a problem with that price.
Don't worry about the critters either, I've lived here for ten years and have seen only two rattlesnakes while hiking. Bobcats, coyotes and javelina will leave you alone and you'd probably only see them if you lived on the outskirts of town. Weather is beautiful here, it's affordable, it's a nice place to live.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:54 PM

32 posts, read 50,200 times
Hi there! I would say North Phoenix is great if you will be working in North Scottsdale. VALLEY KING PROPERTIES This company should be able to help you for now. It's free. I used to work in Property Management. They can help you find a place. However, I'd recommend that you do some preliminary research by looking at each city's police department's crime stats to get a good idea of which areas you might wish to stay away from.

The Desert Ridge area is very nice. Even North of the 101 and East of the I-17. It's a quick hop onto the 101 to get to Scottsdale.

As for the wildlife...it really depends on where you live. The further into the city you go, the fewer wildlife critters you'll see (if any). I'd rather deal with wildlife than what comes with living in the city. I would say that you should simply educate yourself on the local wildlife. You'll fear less when you know more about it.

What kinds of snakes live in Phoenix? The rattlesnake information you need to know - Rattlesnake Solutions LLC
https://www.azgfd.com/Wildlife/LivingWith

I've come to love the desert and the wildlife. I am now an amateur herper, actually going out and seeking rattlesnakes. I take photos and observe behavior. Knowing about the different species and how you need to react when you see them will make all the difference. Learn and prepare. AZ is a beautiful state!

Paige

Old 10-30-2016, 03:43 AM

218 posts, read 350,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla m View Post
North alma school road and east happy valley road. And okay, that is good to hear everyone was making it seem like they're everywhere and are unavoidable (probably just trying to scare me).
Are you here now? There are condos in that area, Alma and Happy Valley, near the expensive Troon golf course area, so they are expensive. Further south, there are lots of apartments on Scottsdale Road such as Avion at Legacy, apartments next to AJs in DC Ranch, apartments in DC ranch, Dakota apartments, the Alexan, various properties by Mark Taylor, etc. Many newer places will offer 3 months free on a 15 month lease, but be careful, since the lease renewal could be up to a 22% increase after 15 months, due to computer programs that set rents higher than market rents. The closest apartments to your place of work are in the Scottsdale Airpark area. It is very safe, but rents can range from 900 to 3000. Call the Scottsdale Airpark news and they might have a current advertiser who can give you a coupon for a discount on the first month rent,
http://www.scottsdaleairpark.com
Or, So Scottsdale magazine, which had a coupon for Avion at Legacy,
http://www.soscottsdale.com
I don't like Desert Ridge since its suburban sprawl with no parks or trails.
If someone lives in the Scottsdale city limits, they have access to the preserve trails, and the Indian Bend greenbelt.

Last edited by Arizona89A; 10-30-2016 at 03:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area