Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:57 PM

214 posts, read 961,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm View Post
Greetings

Sorry I came across this posting so late. My wife and I went down to AZ for our first visit at the end of January. (The hotel was flooding!) from the rainforest of Vancouver Island.

The Sun City Anthem is nice enough that we bought Super Bowl Sunday and I watched the first half in my new community center.

If you google Merrill Ranch you can find a great tour of the area which goes right through the Sun City development. (I actually saw my home for the first time as the realtor drove by with his video camera)

Our home was finished June 30th and we are lucky enough to have one of the residents checking up on it.

Regards
Emmett

Congratulations on your new home! Hopefully you will come out for a visit soon once the weather cools down to enjoy it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 11:13 PM

50 posts, read 291,213 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I moved to Anthem in June and I absolutely love it. Lots of construction still going on so that certainly detracts from its appearance. But it's gonna be beautiful when it is finished. I told my wife it's like living at a resort. You're probably going to hear criticisms of Anthem, but not many of those criticisms will come from the people who live here. The main criticism will probably come from people who hate the long drive to their place of employment - but that's no reflection on Anthem.

There are some incredible bargains in housing to be had here. If you have heard about the place, there is no substitute for seeing it with your own eyes. Retirees certainly should come and take a look.

Forget about any fears you may pick up when some people describe the "awful" town of Florence. Anthem, altho within the city limits, is not even close (probably about eight miles away) to the often criticized town of Florence.

And, no, I don't work for Pulte Homes. This is a free endorsement.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,021 times
a little blurry if you want to send me a camera I can post much better ones.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9916/p1070184ts5.jpg

This is the corner right before the 11 lane road. Yes 11 lanes right after here.
2 sidewalk, 2 bike lanes, center divided, six thru lanes. Only about a mile long so far.
You might loath seeing this sign since it will take a while using the Hunt.

If you want an artist description of the area let me know.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:51 PM

2 posts, read 3,021 times
Looking North

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/7738/p1070178wq6.jpg

Last edited by acyclist2; 11-28-2008 at 08:27 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 07:02 PM

50 posts, read 291,213 times
I've lived at Merrill Ranch for over three years now, in Parkside.

If I worked in Mesa or Phoenix, I wouldn't consider living this far out (it is 60 miles to downtown Phoenix) - and a decent job anywhere close is hard to find. But lots of people do. I would think the extra expense and extra time involved to make the drive would get to you after a short time. I'm retired so it is not an issue to me.

Foreclosures hit this place hard. Which means that incredible - and I do mean incredible - bargains on pre-owned homes are available. Even the new homes are substantially cheaper than they were when building began. Snowbirds are snatching up quite a few of the homes. Who could blame them.

I don't believe there is any danger that this place will not be completely filled up someday - about 9000 homes. It's just going to take many more years than they planned for. The amenities here are good but promised amenities are slow in coming because of the economic collapse. This is disappointing, but understandable.

Businesses that had every intention to build here have had to postpone their plans. As it continues to fill up gradually I'm sure they will come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area