Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 01:19 PM

128 posts, read 447,226 times

Advertisements

Hi you all,

My wife and I are currently renting in the Biltmore area in Phoenix.

We have several friends who have been recommending Laveen because they currently live there. I was looking for a house there and I found out that the best floorplan I was interested in is between $240,000 to $260,000. Do you guys think this is a good price for a house in Laveen (2200-2400 SQFT) ?

Please note that I don't want to read anything about Surprise. I have been browsing through the messages in the forum and I'm sick of hearing about how safe/great/perfect Surprise is. I like Surprise but I can't buy a house there because it's just too far from work.

Thanks in advance

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 02:08 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,784,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.main View Post
Hi you all,

My wife and I are currently renting in the Biltmore area in Phoenix.

We have several friends who have been recommending Laveen because they currently live there. I was looking for a house there and I found out that the best floorplan I was interested in is between $240,000 to $260,000. Do you guys think this is a good price for a house in Laveen (2200-2400 SQFT) ?

Please note that I don't want to read anything about Surprise. I have been browsing through the messages in the forum and I'm sick of hearing about how safe/great/perfect Surprise is. I like Surprise but I can't buy a house there because it's just too far from work.

Thanks in advance

Mike
Mike, it's virtually impossible for us to give you the value of a home without having all the information available.

What you have shown is a price range and a square foot range that amounts to about $109 per square foot. New construction is around $100 I believe.

You need to know what the neighborhood is like where the home located. You need to do a market analysis to determine what the current market value of the home is in that community.

The best person to help you with the answer would be your realtor.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 AM

89 posts, read 448,758 times
New construction or existing home?
cross streets?
builder?
lot size?
does it include granite countertops?
tile/stone or carpet in living room,family room?
does it include appliances?
build year?

Old 03-03-2008, 07:49 AM

25 posts, read 92,242 times
okay to answer your questions for alot of the new houses going up the prices in laveen are really cheap because its a brand new area. you buy a house now and sell in about 10 years its going to be worth so much more (not saying you will sell though)
now im sure they have really expensive homes but as me and my wife are home shopping we found the AVG price of the homes there are really affordable.
Hope it helps.
(anything wrong with the biltmore area i thought it was great there)

Old 03-03-2008, 03:52 PM

267 posts, read 885,695 times
That seems a little much, unless the lots size is pretty big. We just bought a new build home in Laveen, it's 2300 sq ft and is going for $225,000 right now. The lot size is ok. We upgraded to a larger lot for $5000 more though.

So yeah, those prices seem a tad bit high, but if the lot size is big, then that's probably why.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:25 PM
hts

762 posts, read 2,164,373 times
i think that's a most excellent price for that house and highly recommend that you buy it immediately before it's too late.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:52 AM

97 posts, read 414,881 times
Default Home price

I think it is not a bad price. It really just depends upon the upgrades and lot size. Also, it depends on how the community is layed out. I have been living in Laveen since 12/06, and bought my house for about $290k. It is 2490 sq/ft single level home. You really need to check on the builder and who is moving into your area. You don't want to find out you are moving in with a bunch of people that can't/won't take care of the weeds in their yard. There is a bunch of homes in my community where the weeds were overgrown and is has brought down the blocks where it wasn't taken care of.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:45 PM

40 posts, read 246,131 times
we are purchasing a 3000 sq foot home with upgrades, large lot (14000 sqfeet) in a community right by the mt in laveen for 250k..i think thatthe pricefor the home u want is too high...

Old 04-07-2008, 01:20 PM

92 posts, read 421,852 times
Like most have said, the price is high. Prices are going to come down more...just look at the inventory of homes: Bubble Markets Inventory Tracking: Metro Phoenix Inventory (Sales) 2008

Old 04-07-2008, 01:34 PM

76 posts, read 307,469 times
Laveen is an exurb--it will get hit the hardest by falling prices. I went to a school district job interview there, and it seemed like it was right out of "Deliverance" or something. I also worked at a nearby middle school (just to the west) it was one of the worst jobs I have ever had. So you may be in a cozier hood, but close by, there is real trouble. I believe 90% of the students did not have two parents at home, a similar number were on lunch subsidy. Why not move to some place more stylish like Casa Grande or Marana (lol)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area