Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 05:57 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,741,062 times

Advertisements

A couple of posts seemed to be bashing Publix. From the times that I visited Publix seemed like a better grocery store than anything we have in Phoenix. I also don't understand why someone claimed it was a monopoly, since I ran into both Albertsons and Winn Dixie stores there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 06:09 PM

383 posts, read 633,937 times
I think Publix is the best grocery store in Florida. They usually have everything you are looking for and if you can't find it someone will drop what they are doing and walk you to the location of the item.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:12 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
A couple of posts seemed to be bashing Publix. From the times that I visited Publix seemed like a better grocery store than anything we have in Phoenix. I also don't understand why someone claimed it was a monopoly, since I ran into both Albertsons and Winn Dixie stores there.
Fry's at 20th St and Highland, and any AJ's are better than Publix

Old 10-20-2017, 11:25 AM

7,326 posts, read 12,329,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Tampa and Phoenix are very comparable metros from what I know visiting Tampa and Sarasota. Phoenix is much bigger obviously. I know with my parents they like the smaller town vibe of Sarasota rather than what they grew up with here in Phoenix, hence why Tampa is sort of off the table for them.
I would actually say the metropolitan area in the Eastern Time Zone that is most like Phoenix is Atlanta. Much of the Atlanta metropolitan area is built on sprawl and is fairly low density.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:46 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
You may not go be ACT or SAT but universities and the world does.

As for universities, Florida has a much larger population than Zona and can more segregate their universities by higher qualifications to lower qualifications. Therefore, I don't doubt that UF & FSU may be more selective than any university in Arizona. A 20.6M population state is going to have more resources and selections than a 6.8M pop state. However, if you're truly a genius, you would be better off in Arizona due to its proximity to the truly world class universities that exist in California.
THree times the people in one half the area. Florida is an ant colony of humanity. Does anyone besides me consider solitude an amenity? One of the things I have come to appreciate in Arizona is the ability to just pull off the road somewhere and take a leak. You can even do this at the freeway exits in AZ - outside of Phoenix of course. When I am in the midwest, at least, I notice that every pull out is someone's driveway.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:21 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
THree times the people in one half the area. Florida is an ant colony of humanity. Does anyone besides me consider solitude an amenity? One of the things I have come to appreciate in Arizona is the ability to just pull off the road somewhere and take a leak. You can even do this at the freeway exits in AZ - outside of Phoenix of course. When I am in the midwest, at least, I notice that every pull out is someone's driveway.
If people continue to come here day after day (week, month, year)... eventually our Arizona... our once beautiful place of solace and rest, peace and quiet... our fortress of solitude...

Our way of thinking and living... will be gone forever.

Arizona will then become just another Florida ant colony. People from the midwest will have turned us into their midwest. People from Canada will have turned us into their Canada. People from California and New York will have turned us into... you-name-it.

We will be eating food from their original locales, and hearing them cheering for teams from their regions.

Even more than what we're already doing now.

Last edited by Colt AZ; 10-20-2017 at 03:33 PM..

Old 10-20-2017, 03:24 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,301,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
If people continue to come here day after day (week, month, year)... eventually our Arizona... our once beautiful place of solace and rest, peace and quiet... our fortress of solitude...

Arizona will then become just another Florida ant colony. People frpm the midwest will have turned us into their midwest. People from Canada will have turned us into their Canada. People from California and New York will have turned us into... you-name-it.

We will be eating food from their original locales, and hearing them cheering for teams from their regions.

That's some years away though. I'll probably be dead by then.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:32 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
That's some years away though. I'll probably be dead by then.
We should be so blessed.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
We should be so blessed.
Maybe you can build a wall around let to keep others out.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:

Arizona will then become just another Florida ant colony. People from the midwest will have turned us into their midwest. People from Canada will have turned us into their Canada. People from California and New York will have turned us into... you-name-it.

Poor baby. Life is rough.

Hey, move somewhere else and start your own Nirvana. Kind of a Phoenix II. Look how famous you'd be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City