Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 12:30 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,919,706 times

Advertisements

Well, you know what they say about opinons..
Remember, this is an internet forum, and if you ask 10 people the same question, you will get 7 or 8 different answers..
IMO, Goodyear is way too far from where you will be working; I like peoria alot, we live on the border of NW phoenix, and peoria, and we go into Peoria and Glendale daily to do all our stuff, so I like both of those towns; however, since both of them are really large, there are good AND bad areas in both of them, so even though the places I go to in both towns are very nice, there are obviously areas that arent the same way..
You should be able to find a decent house in Cave Creek for 350k; not sure about carefree though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 01:21 PM

96 posts, read 93,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Well, you know what they say about opinons..
Remember, this is an internet forum, and if you ask 10 people the same question, you will get 7 or 8 different answers..
IMO, Goodyear is way too far from where you will be working; I like peoria alot, we live on the border of NW phoenix, and peoria, and we go into Peoria and Glendale daily to do all our stuff, so I like both of those towns; however, since both of them are really large, there are good AND bad areas in both of them, so even though the places I go to in both towns are very nice, there are obviously areas that arent the same way..
You should be able to find a decent house in Cave Creek for 350k; not sure about carefree though
Sounds great. Thank you! And yeah, I'm also feeling that Goodyear is a bit too far as well. Well, thank you for all of your help. I appreciate it! We have to make up our minds soon, as we will be coming out there in the next few months.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:34 PM

6,759 posts, read 5,056,845 times
Clean and with mountain views? You're already in the thick of it. There are plenty of desirable places to live in Scottsdale, North Phoenix, or Tempe. Commuting way across town is not only time consuming, but expensive. Trim your commuting budget and increase your rent budget. A dollar is a dollar no matter how you spend it.

Last edited by hikernut; 11-17-2017 at 02:59 PM..

Old 11-17-2017, 05:28 PM

96 posts, read 93,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
Clean and with mountain views? You're already in the thick of it. There are plenty of desirable places to live in Scottsdale, North Phoenix, or Tempe. Commuting way across town is not only time consuming, but expensive. Trim your commuting budget and increase your rent budget. A dollar is a dollar no matter how you spend it.
You're right about that.

And I haven't been through Tempe. For the east valley, which is your preferred town if you had to choose (between Gilbert, Tempe, and Chandler) and why?

Old 11-17-2017, 05:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
South Scottsdale for sure. It won’t be the fanciest place but you should be able to find a decent apartment within your price range in a great area. It will be an easy commute, you’ll have lots to do nearby and it’s a fairly central location for house hunting/exploring in various places throughout the valley.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:31 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,225,777 times
I live in Goodyear and really like it but you DON'T want to live in Goodyear if you're working in Paradise Valley. That would be a commute that would kill anyone.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:49 PM

278 posts, read 546,589 times
I second no to Goodyear, in NY my commute by train is 1 hr but i keep entertained reading. In Phoenix I HATE I10 during rush hour, absolutely hate it and the new freeway contruction at 59th isn’t making things any better. Oh and forget about using Mcdowell, that secret is out! Lol

Old 11-17-2017, 08:04 PM

640 posts, read 957,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
South Scottsdale for sure. It won’t be the fanciest place but you should be able to find a decent apartment within your price range in a great area. It will be an easy commute, you’ll have lots to do nearby and it’s a fairly central location for house hunting/exploring in various places throughout the valley.
This is the answer you are looking for, KLR. Not sure what you do in healthcare, but this will also put you near the Scottsdale Osborn Hospital and all the associated healthcare offices nearby. Spend less time commuting and more time enjoying life!

Old 11-17-2017, 08:51 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
You could also check out areas near Desert Ridge. Decent commute to PV there as well.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:18 PM

44 posts, read 70,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR87 View Post
He'll be working in the town of Paradise. As far as why I'd choose Peoria over Chandler-that's why I'm here...because I DON'T know the area.

Also, I didn't say we were avoiding Chandler. I said that we were told to avoid east Chandler...as well as east Mesa.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Paradise is an actual town in Arizona, far to the east and over an hour past Tuscon. Nobody lives there. Are you barking up the wrong tree?

Anthem, Carefree, and Desert Ridge is within reasonable distance to Paradise Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area