Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 09:46 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
I wish I could talk to the CL BoD and tell them how much they need to fire the CEO and COO there.
Just how very incompetent they truly are. No brand deserves the beating that CL puts on to itself.

That Cox deal doesn't sound too bad.

What sort of up and down speeds do you get on the Cox speed test page?
I get about 950down, and 930 up, so no complaints there,,
Its just tough paying that much for internet only, and frustrating that Century Link has Fiber in our complex, they just haven't brought it to the houses...Cox did it years ago, so everyone here that wants gig speed has only one choice..Actually, they are building houses like crazy out here, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that all changes soon..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 08:16 AM

1,336 posts, read 928,323 times
I didn't know the Cox offering was symmetrical, nice.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:17 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
yeah, since its fiber to the house, that's pretty much the norm; if it wasn't fiber, its impossible to get symmetrical speeds..

Old 08-07-2019, 01:34 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,150,271 times
Quote:
I wish I could talk to the CL BoD and tell them how much they need to fire the CEO and COO there.
Just how very incompetent they truly are. No brand deserves the beating that CL puts on to itself.
Why would they fire the CEO and COO? Over Residential Customer service? Don't think so...the only reason they have Residential is because they have to as an ILEC. Don't get me wrong...I hate dealing with any ISP...and since the Level 3/CenturyLink merger/purchase they are trying to get better. But their main focus is on B2B, not residential DSL and POTS lines.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:55 PM

Imo, a brand in this modern world quickly erodes its value in a B2B context, if it becomes well known that its B2C sucks so bad, as a business operation. Nothing good comes from attaching your brand to terrible customer service -- that really gets around.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:39 AM

Well...true...but I don't think the BoD is going to ask for Jeff Storey's resignation over Residential Customer Service. Everyone hates Telecommunications companies. Some just suck less than others.

It is not like he is Joe Nacchio or anything.

Last edited by KurtAZ; 08-08-2019 at 10:50 AM..

Old 08-08-2019, 10:49 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
My most recent interaction with CL had me looking to see what Cox could offer me.

Does Cox even let you have just internet? When I look up what is available in my neighborhood all I see are TV/Phone/Internet bundles. They need to quit pushing the home phone. No one wants that anymore. I have not had a landline since 2004.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
My most recent interaction with CL had me looking to see what Cox could offer me.

Does Cox even let you have just internet? When I look up what is available in my neighborhood all I see are TV/Phone/Internet bundles. They need to quit pushing the home phone. No one wants that anymore. I have not had a landline since 2004.
get out of the "bundles" section. There should be a drop down under Product for just Internet.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Well...true...but I don't think the BoD is going to ask for Jeff Storey's resignation over Residential Customer Service. Everyone hates Telecommunications companies. Some just suck less than others.

It is not like he is Joe Nacchio or anything.
I suspect that CL got the way it is because of terrible oversight by the BoD.
By now, the CEO has probably packed the board with supporters.

Eventually some stakeholder will have had enough, or some raider will see some latent value, come in and sweep out the dirt.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I suspect that CL got the way it is because of terrible oversight by the BoD.
By now, the CEO has probably packed the board with supporters.

Eventually some stakeholder will have had enough, or some raider will see some latent value, come in and sweep out the dirt.
Actually...it got the way it is because of the old Mt. Bell/Qwest/US West culture, antiquated tools, ILEC mentality. With the new leadership in place for the past 1.5 years...they have been trying to change their Customer Service and Brand in the Business community but it is like turning a huge oceanliner...it takes time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area