Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 06:12 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,747,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
They’ve remodeled Park Central. Kinda looks similar to the remodeled AZ Center with odd accents all over but it does look less dated.

Remodeling it was just the start, they also already broke ground on the Creighton Medical School, which at completion is going to include 1000's of medical students living/working/playing at Park Central. This will be very impactful to midtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
So did your reply

I have also reached my limit of free articles on AZ Central so I can't read it, but I found this from another source. I assume it's the same story?

https://www.planetizen.com/news/2019...hoenix-skyline

That's just a teaser of the article, the 6 towers will be 165+ feet each and it'll be a full mixed use development with senior living, market apartment, market condos and tons of office space.

I honestly don't expect to see dirt moving unless a major tenant is signed, an Amazon, Uber or other major company looking for a regional HQ would be a good one to pitch this to. IF that happens I'll start looking for dirt to move on this one.

Does everyone realize that AZcentral charges $4.99 a month of digital access? I know paying for news isn't all that fun but $5.00 is one trip to Starbucks for coffee, it's not that big of a deal really.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:30 AM

1,695 posts, read 1,285,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnvlv247 View Post
Any other source besides AZCENTRAL? I am not paying for that crap
A little tip for anyone interested: on a lot of websites that have "pay" or "subscription" content, you can bypass that by adding "outline.com/" right before the web address.

So for this example from AZCentral, if you put http://outline.com/https://www.azcen...up/1839374001/ you should be able to access the article. Some sites are catching on to this, but it still works for the majority.

And it actually makes it easier to read and removes all other links and ads.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:26 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,437,053 times
Pivotal Group is the developer, they have a web site you can check. Anyone with Salesforce can dig deeper

Old 08-03-2019, 10:50 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,670,492 times
I think it costs $1.99 a month for a digital subscription to azcentral

Old 08-03-2019, 08:58 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,292,334 times
I'll bet money this doesn't come to fruition (or at best ends up being scaled back) ... and this is based on all the other mega highrise projects that have been proposed in the past, but never happened. I'm still waiting for the vacant land near the Central & Camelback light rail station to be developed into highrise condos as was planned many years ago. I'm still waiting for the downtown Central Station project to break ground as was planned a few years ago. I'm still waiting for all the other midtown highrise projects which were proposed over 10 years ago to materialize! I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I'll bet money this doesn't come to fruition (or at best ends up being scaled back) ... and this is based on all the other mega highrise projects that have been proposed in the past, but never happened. I'm still waiting for the vacant land near the Central & Camelback light rail station to be developed into highrise condos as was planned many years ago. I'm still waiting for the downtown Central Station project to break ground as was planned a few years ago. I'm still waiting for all the other midtown highrise projects which were proposed over 10 years ago to materialize! I'll believe it when I see it.

This one does feel pie in the sky and I'm also not super stoked about putting a bunch of energy into an area that far north of downtown, sure it's still "uptown" but it's really at the edge of anything else this tall, I'd rather see it south of McDowell somewhere preferably south of the 10

If they land a tenant for the office space then I'll wait to see some dirt moving at least on 1 or 2 towers, but much like cityscape in the last economic expansion cycle I don't see all of this getting off the ground before we at least see this cycle start to wind down.

Downtown has seen some great progress in this growth cycle, you have several new hotels, a ton of new residential, and a lot more entertainment than we've ever seen before.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:26 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,314,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
That's just a teaser of the article, the 6 towers will be 165+ feet each and it'll be a full mixed use development with senior living, market apartment, market condos and tons of office space.

I honestly don't expect to see dirt moving unless a major tenant is signed, an Amazon, Uber or other major company looking for a regional HQ would be a good one to pitch this to. IF that happens I'll start looking for dirt to move on this one.

Does everyone realize that AZcentral charges $4.99 a month of digital access? I know paying for news isn't all that fun but $5.00 is one trip to Starbucks for coffee, it's not that big of a deal really.
I am not going to pay for news when there are plenty of free sources out there, no matter what the cost. It's just throwing money away. I don't drink coffee, so I wouldn't pay $5 for a cup at Starbucks, either.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:38 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,752,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I am not going to pay for news when there are plenty of free sources out there, no matter what the cost. It's just throwing money away. I don't drink coffee, so I wouldn't pay $5 for a cup at Starbucks, either.
No, it is not just throwing away money. When it comes to journalism, you get what you pay for. If you rely on local TV "news" websites and junk your cousin posts to Facebook, you end up clueless about what is going on in your area and the world. Worse yet you are easily manipulated.

I am personally doing my thing to help keep newspapers alive. I subscribe to the Arizona Republic print edition (which includes digital), the Sunday New York Times (which includes digital) and the digital addition of the Washington Post. I realize that is not for everybody, but a digital subscription to azcentral.com is a small price to pay. Note that it also gets you digital access to other Gannett papers such as USA Today, the Detroit Free Press and the Des Moines Register.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

Old 08-05-2019, 01:06 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,314,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
No, it is not just throwing away money. When it comes to journalism, you get what you pay for. If you rely on local TV "news" websites and junk your cousin posts to Facebook, you end up clueless about what is going on in your area and the world. Worse yet you are easily manipulated.

I am personally doing my thing to help keep newspapers alive. I subscribe to the Arizona Republic print edition (which includes digital), the Sunday New York Times (which includes digital) and the digital addition of the Washington Post. I realize that is not for everybody, but a digital subscription to azcentral.com is a small price to pay. Note that it also gets you digital access to other Gannett papers such as USA Today, the Detroit Free Press and the Des Moines Register.

Democracy Dies in Darkness
The nice thing about life here is the freedom to pay for useless things or not to I'd definitely never pay for print news in this day and age. The information provided in various links on this thread is more or less the same.

Back to topic now, please. Arguing the validity of free vs. pay news articles is best done in a more appropriate forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area