Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 04:09 PM

25 posts, read 25,498 times

Advertisements

Are there any websites that locals reading this recommend for finding an apartment in the Phoenix area?

I'm particularly interested in N. Phoenix, N. Scottsdale, Cave Creek/Carefree.

There are plenty of websites via Google, but I hope to find a more local website that doesn't pop up on Google.

Thanks for any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 05:48 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,298,576 times
A website that doesn't pop up on Google is not going to be worth looking at. Why are you so averse to Apartments.com or the ten other sites that provide the same information?

Old 08-12-2019, 05:58 PM

113 posts, read 105,333 times
To be honest there is no such thing as a special website that only locals use! Like the other poster said, your best bet is Apartments.com, or zillow. If those don't work then the only thing left is Craigslist.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:15 PM

81 posts, read 74,626 times
Lots of non property management run places also go through realtors in Scottsdale. But yes there is no secret local site that I know of.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:28 PM

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking there could be a Phoenix area website with things to do etc... that also listed apartments.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:27 PM

656 posts, read 817,794 times
Listing sites have been rendered useless by lame-os glutting it with deceptive crap. Best bet is to target neighborhoods you like and can afford, and look for signs listing vacancies.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:27 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,918,336 times
Zillow is pretty much the go to now.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:03 PM

3,826 posts, read 9,516,388 times
This was great when I needed to find an apartment fast and had little time to shop around. Went to an apartment locating service. No cost to me, found me a place in a big complex in north Phoenix within 90 minutes and had a lease signed within a few hours.

But after that when I had more time to search, I did the whole drive by in areas I wanted to live in to see what I could find. Had 2-3 neighborhoods in mind and drove every street that had apartments and other rentals and got the place I truly wanted.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:00 PM

Unfortunately, I am unable to drive around different areas because I don't live in Phoenix.

I have a lead on a job in the Kierland area of Scottsdale and am interested in pursuing it. If I move to Phoenix, it would be in early 2020, so I have plenty of time. But, I prefer to have a plan. Assuming I move, I would most likely stay in the Budget Suites apartment/hotel for a few weeks before signing a lease somewhere.

I did what others suggested and look at Apartments.com and noticed an apartment on W. Thunderbird Rd. near the Cave Creek golf course. It appears to be 20 -25 minutes from Kierland.

While I was thinking North, this apartment is West. It appears North is more expensive, so, West might be better for me!!

Is the W. Thunderbird Rd. area near the Cave Creek golf course a nice area?

I also noticed a few apartment complexes on Thomas Rd. close to downtown Scottsdale. Is that a nice area?

Old 08-14-2019, 02:29 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,298,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunqi View Post
Unfortunately, I am unable to drive around different areas because I don't live in Phoenix.

I have a lead on a job in the Kierland area of Scottsdale and am interested in pursuing it. If I move to Phoenix, it would be in early 2020, so I have plenty of time. But, I prefer to have a plan. Assuming I move, I would most likely stay in the Budget Suites apartment/hotel for a few weeks before signing a lease somewhere.

I did what others suggested and look at Apartments.com and noticed an apartment on W. Thunderbird Rd. near the Cave Creek golf course. It appears to be 20 -25 minutes from Kierland.

While I was thinking North, this apartment is West. It appears North is more expensive, so, West might be better for me!!

Is the W. Thunderbird Rd. area near the Cave Creek golf course a nice area?

I also noticed a few apartment complexes on Thomas Rd. close to downtown Scottsdale. Is that a nice area?

Yeah, that's PV Mall area and it is good. A lot of non-chain restaurants and things to do. It would be a very quick drive to Kierland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area