Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 09:52 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Ignore it and the knocks at the door. The ticket will be dismissed if they can't serve it to you within 60 or 90 days.

I had a red light ticket once and mine was like yours. I had to decide which was safer, screeching to a halt or driving through the yellow. I chose to drive through.
You shouldn't have gotten a ticket for going through a yellow light, and you could have fought it on legal grounds. Deciding whether or not to drive through a yellow light is dependent on the traffic situation, and in many cases a matter of courtesy. If I'm approaching a yellow light and I see a vehicle in the opposite direction out in the intersection waiting to turn left, I'm usually going to stop to allow that person to make the left turn safely. If there's nobody waiting to turn left, then I can dart through the yellow before it turns red.

Red light tickets can also be given for making left turns on red arrows, but sometimes this is unavoidable, especially if the slowpoke(s) in front won't get moving in time. I worked with a person once who received a red light ticket for doing this exact thing, but he fought it and had it reversed because it was an obvious case of being legally able to turn left on a green/yellow arrow, but the driver ahead of him was moving so slowly that he was in the intersection when the arrow turned red & the camera flashed. These idiots who either sit still or don't accelerate on green left arrows are the ones who should be ticketed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 11:13 AM

50,806 posts, read 24,310,427 times
This thread proves, once again, that the premise that Americans are nice, law-abiding citizens is a farce.

Old 05-08-2020, 11:15 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,643,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
This thread proves, once again, that the premise that Americans are nice, law-abiding citizens is a farce.
Nah, just that due process matters.

Old 05-08-2020, 11:46 AM

656 posts, read 813,465 times
Ignoring these stupid photo radar tickets is the last gasp of libertarianism in Arizona. Sad!

Old 05-08-2020, 12:00 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,134 times
You dont have to pay it if its not served to you in person? I never got one but i wonder if that works in California?

Old 05-08-2020, 12:07 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,209 times
Quote:
Agreed

Old 05-08-2020, 12:58 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,238,018 times
Quote:
This thread proves, once again, that Americans value their constitutional rights of due process under the law (5th and 14th amendments) and the ability to confront their accuser (6th ammendment).

We have the constitional right to not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without a fair procedure. This thread is about refusing to be deprived of property "just because" so you can take your BS and get lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: