Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:43 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times

Advertisements

YES YES YES

Oh, did I say YES?????

For several hours on Tuesday, a part of Arizona's recession-plagued economy was plunged into a vat of hot oil.

Amid fanfare, hundreds of customers waited patiently on a cool, cloudy morning for the return of iconic, glazed doughnuts that hadn't rolled off an east Mesa assembly line for more than 20 months.

The highly touted re-entry of the state's only Krispy Kreme store was sweet, a virtual madhouse at times and a test of patience, said patrons and the owner of the outlet.

Krispy Kreme doughnuts back in the Valley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 03:00 PM

264 posts, read 1,085,817 times
Those are tasty.. I can eat like 3 of them fresh off the tray but after that I don't want to see one for at least 6 months.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:33 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
I just don't get them myself. I love french cruelers and they don't have them. I also love devils food cake donuts and they don't have any of them. Occasionally I like to have a big old cinamon roll and guess what? they don't have those either. I know that manylove the place and that is good for those people. I just like a little more variety for my donut purchasing needs. That being said have they added any thing other than what they used to offer? Maybe I should give them a try and see if they have anything other than what they used to offer.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:39 PM

110 posts, read 322,958 times
I'm not much of a doughnut eater but I prefer Dunkin Donuts over Krispy Kreme

Old 05-13-2008, 03:54 PM

92 posts, read 421,652 times
Please do your fellow Americans a favor and don't frequent Franchise stores and restaurants. Support your local mom and pop businesses when possible. Krispy Cream is just another example of what's wrong with this country. I always try to shop at local non franchise establishments when possible...wouldn't you rather put money in your neighbors pocket than putting it in some CEO's pocket? You know you drive by some restaurant or store everyday with a name you don't recognize....stop in there one day and try it out, you may find a hidden gem.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmiku View Post
Please do your fellow Americans a favor and don't frequent Franchise stores and restaurants. Support your local mom and pop businesses when possible. Krispy Cream is just another example of what's wrong with this country. I always try to shop at local non franchise establishments when possible...wouldn't you rather put money in your neighbors pocket than putting it in some CEO's pocket? You know you drive by some restaurant or store everyday with a name you don't recognize....stop in there one day and try it out, you may find a hidden gem.
You might to check out the article I linked to - and the guy that re-opened these stores.

He basically is a "mom and pop"

Old 05-13-2008, 04:13 PM

Who is the largest share holder in KKD (Krispy Kreme Doughnuts)?
KKD: Major Holders for KRISPY KREME DOUGHNT - Yahoo! Finance

All franchises are operated by a local person, but high franchise fees are paid to the owners of the brand.....In this case, those franchise fees go over seas. Isn't it bad enough all our money from oil goes the the middle east, now dough nut money too?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmiku View Post
In this case, those franchise fees go over seas. Isn't it bad enough all our money from oil goes the the middle east, now dough nut money too?
The local owner is a business person. He lives, works, and contributes to the community where they live. They support the little league, the arts, schools etc

If that business owner has chosen to be involved in a franchise, that is their decision.

You seem to oppose franchises - so I have to assume you never frequent McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Denneys etc

Old 05-13-2008, 04:41 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsundevil99 View Post
I'm not much of a doughnut eater but I prefer Dunkin Donuts over Krispy Kreme
Heck yeah, all the way.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The local owner is a business person. He lives, works, and contributes to the community where they live. They support the little league, the arts, schools etc

If that business owner has chosen to be involved in a franchise, that is their decision.

You seem to oppose franchises - so I have to assume you never frequent McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Denneys etc
I'm not saying never go to those places, although I haven't been to Denny's in 10 years. I'm just saying look to a Mom and Pop first. Out of the 20 restaurants in my neighborhood, 2 are Mom and Pop's. So if I were to eat out a lot in my area, the choices are limited. But I eat at the mom and pops more than the franchises. Enjoy your Krispy Kreme. By the way do you ever start a post with your own thoughts or do you just cut, paste and link every post you start?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: