Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:57 PM

9 posts, read 8,944 times

Advertisements

why are you so mean on the roads, trying to kill your fellow drivers? Can't you just drive without threatening the other people with your criminal behaviors? Can't you stop thinking about yourself and try to drive like civilized people : people sharing the road?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 06:02 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,218,926 times
Because we want the California drivers who are even worse to go away? ;-)

Old 05-20-2008, 06:13 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,249,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
You have got to be kidding me.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:20 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,218,926 times
It was a joke j760 based on the tone of the original post.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:21 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,041,350 times
The reason people in Phoenix drive bad has to do with the fact that most of those in this city are not originally from Phoenix and they bring their driving habits with them. In 1980, the ENTIRE Phoenix metro area consisted of 1.1 million people, in 1990, 2 million, and today, Phoenix alone has 1.4 million and the entire metro area has grown to 4.1 million people. All those that have taken up residence in Phoenix have brought with them the style of driving they were accustomed to in their respectives cities and hence, our roads are a mess.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:28 PM

39,129 posts, read 51,428,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
Yes, this is the reason.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:51 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,468,878 times
I actually think it has something to do with the heat and also just very bad drivers here. I take the surface streets wherever possible unless I'm feeling particularly brave.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:15 PM

264 posts, read 1,087,824 times
Who outside of themselves are good drivers? Everyone else drives terrible compared to me.

But i'm Canadian, when i'm not walking my pet Seal, I drive a Husky pulled sleigh. What do I know?

Am I right movin'on? lol

Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 PM

13,291 posts, read 21,918,469 times
A lot of the problem has to do with all the illegal aliens. They can't drive for beans. That and all the old people who sit close to the steering wheel and drive 55 in the fast lane. Not to spread any stereotypes, but watch out for Asian drivers as well. It's true. And women, how come they all drive with the cell phone in one hand and the eye liner pencil in the other and then flip you off when you honk at them for cutting you off? Young drivers are especially bad; always in a rush, impatient, and rude. What's the hurry, they have their whole life ahead of themselves? Business men are the others. Put down the freakin' blackberry and drive you morons! In fact, watch out for middle-aged men in general. Chances are they had a bad day at the office and are just waiting to go postal on you. And what's up with truckers, are those guys always in the way or what? So there you have it. Get all these people off the road, and the problem is solved. Solved, I tell you.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:30 PM

430 posts, read 1,412,099 times
Default you have to drive for yourself and others to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by born in the usa View Post
why are you so mean on the roads, trying to kill your fellow drivers? Can't you just drive without threatening the other people with your criminal behaviors? Can't you stop thinking about yourself and try to drive like civilized people : people sharing the road?
This city drives very, very, fast, most are exceeding the speed limit and get very agravated if you are not doing the same, your in the way you should learn to turn left on the red light, or expect to be honked at or yelled at, they run the lights, and think you should as well. lol, I don't really know what the problem is, I don't believe its all the transplants causeing this road rage. I am a transplant and have been driving many , many, years with no traffic or speeding tickets in my life to date. I believe you should do the speed limit going to slow is a hazard, but exceeding the limits 15 miles is dangerous on congested highways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area