Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2023, 01:10 PM

8 posts, read 11,155 times

Advertisements

Where are the good areas in Phoenix and surrounding towns such as Glendale? Can anyone recommend an apartment in a good neighborhood for a professional? Hoping to find something before moving there.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2023, 01:40 PM

219 posts, read 176,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivianna42 View Post
Where are the good areas in Phoenix and surrounding towns such as Glendale? Can anyone recommend an apartment in a good neighborhood for a professional? Hoping to find something before moving there.

Thank you.
Both cities are massive. Do you have a general idea of where you will be working? That would help us tremendously.

Old 05-07-2023, 03:52 PM

Unfortunately, I do not know yet, but I am not sure I want to base that on where I will be working since sometimes I travel for the job. I would like to be prepared by knowing the best places in Phoenix and Glendale. What is the layout? Where should I definitely avoid? I prefer quiet areas, not congested, but close enough to get around. I kind of like North Scottsdale or Old Town, but think they may be too far to get to any of those places. Also like to be by water.

Old 05-07-2023, 06:28 PM

720 posts, read 733,642 times
What is your budget? you can go to apartments.com

Old 05-07-2023, 06:42 PM

I never found anything worth it on apartments.com. They usually cost significantly more than what you could find on your own and I would have no way of knowing anything about the neighborhood. I do not trust that website. I found my current place by just knowing the area really well and walking in. They were not listed on apartments.com and it is a newer luxury building. My budget is about 2K or less (It really depends). I am open to condos and townhouses, but I do not know anything about Phoenix and surrounding towns such as Glendale. Location is more important to me than a nice living space in a bad area. Can anyone give a breakdown of what areas are really good (expensive) low crime, areas that are decent, areas that are okay, but not the best and areas that are really bad?

Old 05-07-2023, 07:07 PM

720 posts, read 733,642 times
Quote:
I never found anything worth it on apartments.com. They usually cost significantly more than what you could find on your own and I would have no way of knowing anything about the neighborhood. I do not trust that website. I found my current place by just knowing the area really well and walking in. They were not listed on apartments.com and it is a newer luxury building. My budget is about 2K or less (It really depends). I am open to condos and townhouses, but I do not know anything about Phoenix and surrounding towns such as Glendale. Location is more important to me than a nice living space in a bad area. Can anyone give a breakdown of what areas are really good (expensive) low crime, areas that are decent, areas that are okay, but not the best and areas that are really bad?
I get you're looking for safe locations. Let me send you a DM -

Old 05-07-2023, 07:36 PM

Ty Smoochaz. It will not let me DM you. I keep getting a restriction. Are there other places in Phoenix/ Glendale area? I like Scottsdale, but have a feeling it may be too far for where I will be routinely going. I would like a happy medium between Scottsdale/Phoenix/Glendale - if that exists. I went through the list and did not really see anything I liked. I like large bathrooms and gas stoves.

Last edited by ivianna42; 05-07-2023 at 08:18 PM..

Old 05-08-2023, 08:44 AM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,948 times
North Phoenix/Norterra (I-17 and Happy Valley) area would be your best bet. Nice, not as congested, and in between Scottsdale and Glendale.

Old 05-08-2023, 09:04 AM

13,690 posts, read 7,976,787 times
Quote:
Ty Smoochaz. It will not let me DM you. I keep getting a restriction. Are there other places in Phoenix/ Glendale area? I like Scottsdale, but have a feeling it may be too far for where I will be routinely going. I would like a happy medium between Scottsdale/Phoenix/Glendale - if that exists. I went through the list and did not really see anything I liked. I like large bathrooms and gas stoves.
My guess is newer apartment complexes come with electric stoves. Bathroom size? Depends on how big the apartment is.

A budget of 2k a month should get an apartment almost anywhere. However how big of an apartment ... don't know.

Don't know Glendale but Scottsdale and Phoenix have nice areas. Tempe is also nice.

Parts of Mesa are good and 2k will get you a small house but that's probably too far.

Old 05-08-2023, 09:24 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
I think the problem is you are casting a really wide net when you say you are considering Glendale to Scottsdale. Those cities are worlds away from each other and ~45 minutes apart drive time.

Typically sub-40 younger, single professionals like either Central/North Scottsdale, Desert Ridge area (Tatum Road north of L101), downtown Phoenix or (if you can bear the college crowd) areas of Tempe. There are condos and apartments that overlook Tempe Town Lake (since you mentioned water on the other post) and all areas will have multiple amenities (entertainment, groceries, etc) available.

You did mention you didn't want congested which could put you in one of the family friendly areas...Gilbert, North Scottsdale, Chandler, North Glendale, etc. so it really depends on what you want around you. Everything is going to be a drive...Metro Phoenix is 14,600 square miles so depending on where you are moving from...the size of the metro can be staggering. Typically, you want to live closer to where you work if you have to commute but that has become less of a thing with remote working. Most of those cities are going to be cookie-cutter master planned communities with your typical strip malls/chain restaurants/chain stores.

You didn't mention any kids so with school systems not being a factor, Gilbert was rated one of the safest cities in the country. Followed by Buckeye, Surprise, Maricopa and Chandler as far as cities in Metro Phoenix are concerned. If you are looking for something in between Glendale and Scottsdale, stay along the L101 or North of there once you get West of 7th St. Anything south of there to downtown Phoenix are going to be congested city areas and kind of run down west of 7th Ave. There are newer/nicer developments once you get to the far west valley but that is the opposite direction of Scottsdale (if you are trying to stay close).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area