Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 10:47 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shickey View Post
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Any ideas for other places to look for rental homes in the scottsdale area??
Check Craigslist and any MLS realtor for the listings.

I've seen anything from ReMax, Century 21, and others.

Your budget of $1500 base rent, could get you a house in the 85254 ZIP code, which is not Scottsdale proper, but adjacent to Kierland and basically considered Scottsdale. (Same ZIP as Kierland.) I have seen a number of homes in that ZIP for $1500 base rent. A couple had pools. This is not an unreasonable goal for this area, IMO. 3BR, 2BA, 2 car garage type thing, and if you're lucky you could get a pool. Also, I've seen some nice $1500/mo rentals to the east of here. Single family homes w/pool. It can be done, I've seen a number of them within the last 90 days.

I ride my bike around most of that ZIP every other day, so I see a lot of for sale (and "for rent") signs, and I check up on them, just to see what's going on in the area. Look around and you'll find a home in the area you want for that price. It just depends on how patient you are, and how well you look. If you don't look in multiple sites, you can miss a LOT of properties. What I've noticed, is that you can look in 3 places and find 75-85% of the same properties. But, each of the 3 places will have a few unique listings that make up the remaining listings. And sometimes, they're listed only ONE place.

Fortunately, this is a good season for renting. People leave for summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 10:59 PM

453 posts, read 1,628,695 times
I found my house on craigslist, it is in fountain hills, on the market prior to me moving in for $750,000. It is 3,000 square feet, 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 2 car garage, huge kitchen, living room, dining room, pool, beautiful neighborhood, and I rent it for $1,200 a month. Landlord pays sewer, garbage, pool service, and exterminator. I pay electric, water, cable, phone. I love my house and just signed another years lease on it. So if you find one on craigslist, don't pass it by, check it out and see for yourself. When I went to see the house, my first thought was I can't afford a house like this. I went in and said, before you show me the house I need to know what the rent is going to be. When they told me the price and what it included I couldn't pass it up. Good luck to you.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:17 PM

25 posts, read 66,763 times
It's done. We visited last weekend and found a place. We ended up getting a place at the top end of our budget at 2000/mo but it's truly fantastic.

Our close cross streets are 92nd and Raintree. Right between DC Ranch and Kierland.

I look forward to seeing you all on 7/25.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:46 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shickey View Post
It's done. We visited last weekend and found a place. We ended up getting a place at the top end of our budget at 2000/mo but it's truly fantastic.

Our close cross streets are 92nd and Raintree. Right between DC Ranch and Kierland.

I look forward to seeing you all on 7/25.
Glad to hear it worked out! I bet it's a nice house and $2000 isn't bad if you make enough. At least it's a rental and you can always move at the end of the lease to something cheaper, if need be. Not so easy when you own it.

Hope you love it here!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,583 times
Default LUXURY 2 bd/2 bth condo furnished in Old Town AAA LOCATION

[url=http://picasaweb.google.com/carmine17/MichaelKahl?feat=email#slideshow/5349553389182418354]Picasa Web Albums - Carmine - Michael Kahl[/url]

The pictures speak for themselves - by far the nicest condo in the area – most certainly the least expensive !

This condo is decorated/furnished in an upscale contemporary style with every room having been remodeled (spend over a $100K on remodel) The condo location is absolutely perfect! This condo is located inside of Villas at Bellagio on the corner of Miller Rd and Thomas Rd. You will be less than 3 minutes away from restaurants, clubs, Fashion Square mall, etc.. Sky Harbor is approximately 10 minutes away. Downtown Phoenix 15 minutes, Phoenix Zoo 7 minutes and Camelback Mountain 10 minutes. This location could not be any better. Oh yeah, ASU main campus 7 minutes! And last but not least it is located 1 minute from a driving range and 2 minutes from the Greenbelt for bike riding, walking, Frisbee golf, etc…

This condo has 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms and is approximately 1100 square feet plus a small outdoor terrace and 1 oversized garage (large SUV no problem). It has been newly remodeled with Stainless Steel Appliances (never used), Granite Counter Tops in Kitchen and Bathrooms, Slate tiled bathrooms, black toilets and Jacuzzi Tub, Plasma TV’s in livingroom and Master bedroom with custom installed Sound Systems, Le Corbusier couch and chair + chaise lounge, Noguchi coffee table, Eileen Gray sidetables, 1” stainless mini blinds etc – you get the idea, Tempurpedic mattress in master bedroom, black and white checkered tiled oversized 1 car garage, washer and dryer top of the line in unit, Alarm in unit etc
The gated community was built in and around 2000 and not in 1960. Complex has 2 community pools and is located in a gated community for security.

Unit is only available fully furnished. Credit & Criminal background will be checked, excellent credit & references required, longterm lease of 1 year or longer.
Please email if interested. The condo is available NOW !

Old 08-03-2009, 03:03 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Congrats! Going that far outside of your stated preference of 1500, you were going to find a lot of places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area